Part 14

As I ran my hands through my wet locks, which unfortunately had already begun to form curls, there was a knock on the main door.

I immediately went to open it, passing the living room.
The wing that belonged to Andres in the de Leon family home, was spacious and furnished in a modern design, unlike the rest of the mansion.

"Hello my dear Daniela! Finally!!
I was so happy when I was informed that you are here!"

Well, the evening was deteriorating from moment to moment! And all I wanted, was to go home already!

'At least I can call a taxi, and this horrible night will finally end! Seeing Andres' grandfather again, will most likely be the icing on the cake..'

The elderly man entered the living room.
His lush white hair was combed back meticulously, as always, and although he was dressed in casual attire, that included a thin knit and tailored pants, it was clear that his clothes were of the highest quality.
It made him look exactly like the billionaire he was.

Aside from a slight pallor on his face, it was hard to see that he had any health problem, he still radiated the power and strength, that had always been so ingrained in him.

The strong genes of the de Leon family, struck me again. Andres was the embodiment of his grandfather in his youth.
So was his mother. I saw a picture of her once, she was a beautiful woman with magnetic eyes.

They all had the same dark almond-shaped eyes, strong facial features, lush hair and impressive height.

There was no doubt that the aura of that self-confident masculinity, was similar in both the grandfather and his grandson.

Surprisingly, the man's face immediately lit up towards me, upon entering

"Hello Mr. de Leon, how are you?
Andres told me you were not feeling well...You didn't have to come all the way here..."

He sat down on one of the armchairs and motioned for me to sit on the couch next to him.

"Oh, it's nothing! ..they make too much fuss over me, I'm perfectly fine!
I'm still able to manage everything that has to do with what's important to me ... even if I do it behind the scenes now!"

"I didn't think otherwise .." I blurted out, and then blushed uncomfortably .."I'm glad to hear that you feel better, Mr. De Lion .."

His smile immediately made him look younger, despite the number of wrinkles on his tanned skin. He was a handsome and impressive-looking man.
Just like his grandson.

"I'm glad the number of years that have passed since we last saw each other, has made you less afraid of me.
You have matured, Daniela."

At first I thought it wasn't quite accurate, the man still made me very nervous..
But, I guess that the fear I felt every time I was around him at the age of twenty-two, did fade a little, five years later.

"I hear you're now working at Delgado's...
I have known Pedro for years, he is a very respected architect, I am glad we could help him out and his company joined us...both parties will benefit from this..."

He paused, his face thoughtful.

"I'm very happy that you and my grandson, have finally renewed your relationship."

I did not like the direction he was going.

"Not exactly... he's just become my boss recently and beyond that, nothing has changed!"

My voice sounded more annoyed than I intended.

His clever eyes examined me.

"You know, Daniela, my grandson had a very hard time after you left ...
He was very angry and easily irritated, people were afraid to approach him, he was like a ticking bomb..
It took a while for him to get back to himself..
It is important to me that you know this".

"I promise you it was not easy for me either, Mr. de Lion"

"Call me Victor, after all, you were once part of my family!"

He smiled pleasantly at me.

"I brought a bottle of excellent vintage Cabernet Sauvignon, and it's exactly what I need right now! Please join me.
Benjamín, you can come in!"

A serious-faced man entered, holding a luxurious-looking bottle of wine in his hand.
I remembered him, he was Andres' grandfather's personal assistant.

He poured two glasses of wine and served us in silence, then immediately went out.

After taking a few sips of the red wine, Mr. de Leon placed his glass on the small table next to him. I continued to hold mine and drink from it nervously.

"Daniela, it's no secret that I thought you were too young when you married my grandson.
I didn't think you were ready for marriage yet, and not mature enough to provide him with the support he needed..."

'And what should I answer to that?'

The last thing I wanted was to reopen that issue.
I continued to sip from my glass in silence.

But it seemed that Mr. de Leon wanted to talk about the past.

"You know, of course, that Andres went through a difficult time after the death of his parents..
He blamed himself for the accident.. "

Andres had a fight with his father in the car, during that drive, and this, in addition to the paparazzi chasing them, caused his father to lose control of the car.
Both his parents were killed on the spot and Andres, who was sitting in the back, was only injured.

Mr. de Lion paused and the look in his eyes showed how much the subject still pained him.

"I don't know if Andres told you this, but during his graduate studies at university and even after he graduated, he made a pretty wild group of friends,
that drew him to an irresponsible life of wild parties, alcohol and the devil knows what else...completely contrary to his status and the values ​​I tried to instill in him.."

"He talked about it a bit" I admitted.

"So.. I was afraid he was losing his way and thought he needed a permanent relationship, with a woman who would get him out of the mindset he insisted on being in...
He was almost twenty-nine years old, and I thought the best thing for him would be to get married and start a family of his own..
But I didn't believe that he would find someone so quickly.. that is, until you showed up..."

'Of course it was fast!' I thought.

He found me,
a girl, innocent and stupid enough, to believe that a man like him, fell so much in love with her in just a couple of months, that the only thing he wanted, was to marry her immediately..

'What a dumb fool I was!'

"Fortunately, all of that is already behind us.
Mr. de Leon..Victor..can you have someone order a taxi for me, please? I want to go home.."

He examined me sharply.

"Of course, dear.
Benjamín will drive you home in a little while..but can you keep me company a little longer?
My children won't let me join the party, even though I feel better..and I'm bored .."

I nodded in agreement.
Did I have the option to refuse?

"Excellent!
I see you've finished your wine, I'll be happy to pour you another glass"

........

The cheerful chirping of birds and a streak of daylight, penetrating from between the window curtain, woke me up.

I opened my eyes slowly.

'Where the hell am I?'

That ceiling and room were strangely familiar, but it was perfectly clear that this was not my room.

Then it hit me.
I woke up in Andres' bedroom at his family's mansion.

In the bed we once shared.

My blurred mind tried to remember what the hell happened the night before...

.