Ice-skating

It was a very cold day and their breaths hung as small white clouds in the air before them. The sun had already waken up and lightened up the clear blue sky. Birds were heard singing their wintery songs in the forest behind them, and in the very distance the wolves howled. Before them, the frozen lake lay like a shining glass mirror. Legolas took one step on the ice, carefully, but as soon as he felt the slipperiness of it, he retreated.

"Come on, Lego, take that step!", Aragorn laughed. He and Legolas had both tied metal rails on their shoes, the elf being very unsteady and not his usual smooth self with them on. Since a few weeks back they had been on a trip through the north of Middle-Earth, where Aragorn had lived long years as a ranger. He had wanted to show Legolas what a beautiful earth this was. And so today they needed to cross a big lake, and Aragorn had decided to ice-skate over it.

"But it's so slippery, I will fall down!", Legolas complained.

"I believe that is the normal custom of ice", the man answered. "Let me give you a hand."

He took the elfs hand and gently pulled him out on the open lake. Due to his frequent trips to this area Aragorn was a fairly good skater, and was almost as used to ice under his shoes as grass and mud. Legolas on the other hand had great difficulties to even stand upright. His cheeks were a cute shade of pink and he gripped Aragorn's hand tightly. 

Aragorn went backwards, dragging his friend with him. For safety reasons, or that is what he told himself, he grabbed Legolas' other hand too and pulled him along.

"Don't go too fast, Estel, please. I don't really have a balance right now", Legolas cried, clearly scared over the lack of control, but Aragorn just chuckled. 

"Céri u n gaer (don't be afraid)", he told him, "Torth na in nin bor hi, Im gar cin ir sin dant (Control is in my hand now, I have you if you fall)."

Legolas just smiled back, but instantly cried out again, as his feet went in the opposite directions. Without hesitation Aragorn lifted the elf up from the ground and placed him on both feet again. But instead of taking his hands once more, he started sprinting away in an enourmous speed.

"Catch me if you can!", he called back. Legolas just stood there dumbfound. But after a while, when he realised that Aragorn was not coming back, he took a few careful steps on the ice. For a stranger, it must have looked very humorous to see an elf wobbling so unstable on a frozen lake. However, Legolas carried on and on, determined to reach Aragorn, and after another hundred meters he had found some kind of flow, so now he was slowly floating on earth again, like one expects an elf to do. Aragorn then came back and made an elegant halt beside the elf.

"Nice, nice, we have learned how to do it then, have we?", he teased.

"We have indeed elaborated the technique since you left us all on our own on a frozen lake", the elf complained, putting the emphasis on we and making a pouting face.

"Yeah sure, mellon nin (my friend), you are very talented", the man replied, grinning. He was having a lot of fun. 

"I still could have fallen, what would you...", Legolas managed to say, when he suddenly lost balance and fell on his bum. (I am laughing so hard right now :) ) Aragorn laughed, while watching the embarassed elf on the ground.

"Never has an elf fallen so deep, have they?", he got out after a few seconds, still laughing. Then he took Legolas hands and scooped him up, just to have him fall into his chest. Which he didn't mind, as he now got to hold this beautiful elf in his arms. Hugging him for longer than what would have been necessary, he smelt the flowery scent of Legolas shampoo.

Suddenly the elf looked up at him with dazed eyes, clinging on tightly to Aragorn's arms. His cheeks were red, and his breath coming a bit faster than usual, and the man couldn't resist any longer. Slowly, looking Legolas in the eyes to see his reaction, he pulled him closer and placed his lips on the soft one's of the beautiful elf. At first, Legolas was surprised, but after a few seconds he kissed Aragorn back. 

And so there they stood, on a frozen lake, somewhere far north in Middle-Earth, hugging tightly, and kissing with so much love and affection, that not even the wolves dared to disturb them.