A silent listener

The fire next to them was starting to wear out already, and in the sky above them twinkled the stars. On the grassy ground next to the fireplace slept three hooded figures, all covered by deep green blankets, that could barely be distinguished from the soil. Two of them seemed to share one blanket, whereas the other, slightly smaller person was lying alone.

"Aragorn", a whisper was heard, and one of the sleeping people stirred. "Are you asleep?"

A kind of grunting came from the other person, then he too stirred and by closer look upon could be identified as being Aragorn.

"No", Aragorn replied. "The stars are too beautiful tonight."

"I love the stars", Legolas, who turned out to be the one first moving, added.

"I know", the man replied. "And I love you!"

Legolas smiled and nuzzled his head against the man's shoulder. 

"I love you too."

They both gazed up at the sky, Legolas still resting on the other one's shoulder, and enjoyed the beauty of the stars. On the other side of the fire, Gimli snored on in deep sleep. Aragorn shifted slightly under the blanket, and suddenly their feet were touching.

"Move, your feet are cold!", Legolas complained and started to playfully push the feet away with his own. 

"But you're so cozy", Aragorn mumbled, and moved even closer. "And as I am cold and you are warm, you could share, you know?"

"Oh, so I should warm you?", the elf smirked. "I know a better way than feet-touching."

Aragorn raised his eyebrows, which the elf couldn't see of course, due to the dark, but he felt the enegry.

"You do?", the man wanted to know. "I didn't know there were any better ways."

"There are much better ways, I can assure you", Legolas replied, then moved his head right next to the man's ear. With extra hot breath he whispered: "Estel."

The man grinned and shivered under the puff of hot air against his skin.

"I want you", the elf continued and licked the sensitive skin behind Aragorn's ear. "Let me warm you."

"Mhmm", Aragorn hummed and intertwined his left hand with Legolas'. Starting to slowly draw small circles with his thumb, he mumbled: "That would be nice."

Suddenly Legolas was gone from next to him and the cold night air hit Aragorn like a punch. Confused, he looked up as to see where the elf had gone, but the next second, he was with him again, draping the blanket over them both.

"I just had to check on Gimli", Legolas said under his breath. "But he's asleep."

The man had to chuckle silently at that, and he hugged his elf tightly.

"Thanks for always being so foresightful", he told him, a grin in his voice, while letting his hand glide along Legolas' side. The elf hummed in contentment. 

Gimli POV

Gimli was miserable. He couldn't sleep. And it wasn't easier when his two companions were making out right under the blanket next to him. Of course he had pretended to be asleep when Legolas had come to check on him, because he didn't want to be the spoilsport. But now he kind of regretted it. He would really have liked to sleep and not hear the, well, animated activities a few feet away from him.

Aragorn moaned deeply. 

"Shh, you're waking the dwarf", Legolas chuckled, but he seemed not too worried about it. "Mmh, yes..."

Gimli groaned silently and tried to cover his ears with the hood of his cloak. It didn't help much. He still heard Legolas laughing.

"Take your pants off, they're in the way", Gimli heard Aragorn demand. Now, this was too much for him! Even though he was a dwarf and dwarf could endure many things, this was not one of them. He took a deep breath, then sat up in one movement.

"Coul you two be, you know, just a little bit more quiet?", he questioned, trying not to sound annoyed. "I'm trying to sleep over here, you know!"

The silence was absorbing. Finally Gimli's ears had some rest. Then there was some shuffling and some whispers and then Aragorn said:

"Um, well..."

You know what? Just go on, I've already heard half of it, it won't hurt too badly to hear the rest", Gimli sighed and rolled back into his blanket. 

"...sorry?", Legolas said quietly. "We'll just..."

"Don't let me disturb you", Gimli answered. "Just don't waste too much energy, you could need it tomorrow, there's a long way ahead of us."

More silence. Gimli was content. Maybe he wouldn't be able to sleep anymore, but at least he had had his fun.

Ok sorry for this so very short one, I had this idea and actually I wanted to make it a lot more spicy, but then I decided I didn't want to write this stuff, so it turned out like this. Hope you still like it!

Also sorry for not updating any of my stories in a while, I've got a lot to do and soon I have my final exams so it won't get any better, but someday, sometime, I will continue and finish off the stories. It'll just take a while.