The magic of Christmas Eve (Christmas Special)

Imagine the Fellowship spent the winter in Edoras with king Théoden and celebrate christmas. But just the humans in Middle-Earth celebrate this festivity and neither elves nor dwarfs, not even hobbits, know about it. Luckily, the future king of Gondor, Aragorn, is present to help the inexperienced elven archer from faraway Mirkwood (obviously Legolas) with this mysterious custom...

"And now, let me raise a toast for my family!", the Master of the Rohirrim called over the hundreds of voices from the joyful people sitting at long tables in the hall of Meduseld. The walls had been decorated with mistletoes and fir branches and candles lit up the room as far as the eye could see. Théoden sat in his throne, on his left side Gandalf, on his right Éomer, the third marshall of the Mark. Next to him sat Aragorn, and besides him Legolas. 

"To my niece Éowyn, who is a shieldmaiden of Rohan and the love of my life!" Everyone chuckled. "And to the third marshall of the Mark, the most brilliant sword-fighter I have ever met and my most trusted man, my nephew, Éomer. And handsome he is too!", he laughed and the hall did the same. The king had had some drinks already, which had resulted in this joyful appearance .

"Don't ever dare to marry and move away from me! But for now, I'm satisfied with you to just celebrate Christmas!" Now the whole hall was filled with laughter and applause. Éomer just smiled, but Éowyn looked suspiciously embarrassed, while obvious to anyone near her she avoided to look in Aragorn's direction.

Aragorn on the other hand, had no thoughts for the shieldmaiden in this moment. His mind was completely occupied with the only elf in the room, who happened to be the most beautiful person in the room too and who happened to sit right next to him. It was crowded and warm in the hall, and people sat tightly together, so the man felt his tighs pressed to Legolas'. A gentle tap on the shoulder made him look up.

"What are we celebrating?", the elf asked him with confusion written all over his face. 

"Christmas", Aragorn grinned. "The celebration of joy and happiness and love where the only thing you need to do is enjoy yourself!"

"Wait, so you mean like a party?", came Gimli's voice from across the table. 

"Indeed", Aragorn replied, smiling. 

"Ah, perfect. Parties mean drinking games, my favorite activity!", the dwarf exclaimed and took a gulp of beer. 

"We love parties! And we love drinking!", two tiny voices called out. The hobbits Merry and Pippin sat next to Gimli and looked at him expectantly. After a moment of him drinking, he noticed their looks and lowered his mug. 

"Wait, you challenge me, laddies? I'm not complaining, but, don't get me wrong, I'm a dwarf!", he said.

"Yeah, we know", Pippin replied innocently, "and we are hobbits. Let's go!"

That said, all three of them started drinking. After a while, Gimli and Merry could barely hold themselves on the bench, and Pippin seemed to be winning. Aragorn turned back to his conversation with Legolas.

"Do you need another explanation?", he asked politely, but with a glint in his eye.

"Which would be...", the elf asked, curious.

"I'll show you something very christmas-like to do", the man smirked. "Let us find a more quiet place."

He stood up, Legolas doing the same, and strode across the room towards the door. Right outside in the dimmed corridor they found two other hobbits, closely entangled and sharing a nonverbal but very intimate conversation. When they heard Aragorn and Legolas approach, they quickly jumped apart.

"Good evening, Frodo, Sam", Aragorn said. "Are you enjoying Christmas Eve?"

"Oh, it is very enjoyable indeed!", Sam replied enthusiastically, and the man needed to chuckle. He saw Frodo stepping on the other hobbit's foot, who imediately changed his words to: "I mean, yes, it is quite a nice party."

"Then we will leave you to continue enjoying it, I wish you a merry Christmas", Aragorn spoke with his deep and turned around to leave. He had a huge smile plastered over his face. Legolas, who had been standing awkwardly behind him the whole time, wondered why.

"I believe our young hobbits have found a very fitting activity for Christmas Eve", the man said quietly. "Very enjoyable indeed" He chuckled.

"What do you mean?", Legolas asked him, now even more confused.

"Legolas my friend", the man answered. "On Christmas Eve people show the one's they love exactly how much they love them. It is one of my favorite traditions, especially when someone so enchanting is on my side."

"Who do you mean?", the elf questioned. "Do you want to kiss Frodo, or Sam?" He seemed genuinely estranged to the thought.

"No of course not, they have each other. Has it ever occured to you that I may be talking about you?", Aragorn laughed. And he laughed even more when he watched the elf's confused expression.

"Me?", named one asked. "You want to kiss me?"

They had now reached an empty room and Aragorn pushed him inside gently, closing the door after them. Swiftly he stood right in front of Legolas, who looked at him nervously.

"If you let me", the man said in a hoarse voice. He wouldn't do anything without the elf's permission. Seconds of silence passed, then a whisper slipped out of Legolas' lips.

"I do."

The future king closed the distance between them with one tiny step. He lifted his hand up to Legolas' cheek and then, carefully, touched his lips to the one's of the elf. It was just a short kiss, and after, he looked at Legolas eyes. 

Legolas was shining, he really was. Aragorn thought it may be some of his elven powers. But then he was surprised by the elf, because said one thrust his arms around his neck and pulled him closer again. 

"Don't stop", Legolas demanded, and kissed him back. That, the man didn't need to be told twice, and for a very long time this evening, they shared the love and magic which was Christmas.

Hope you like this little story, I did my best! You too enjoy the day and celebrate with your loved ones. Merry Christmas!!

And just to let you know, Pippin did win. He's just iconic haha!