~76~

You're P.O.V

Garroth seemed completely comfortable holding onto me. He had his hands on my waist and pulled me closer than I thought normal while dancing, although that could just be because I was nervous I would step on his feet. Literally rather than metaphorically. I placed my hands on his shoulders hesitantly but then ultimately decided to place them around his neck.

"See, I'm not that bad." Garroth said semi quietly. He nudged my face to look at him but I did the opposite and looked down as he leaned down to kiss my cheek. I looked up at him through the corners of my eyes.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Yes," I said, " you are." I tightened my arms around his neck and let him peck me on the lips.

I touched the bottom of his hair with my finger tips. It was shorter than usual, shorter than I liked, but he still always looks good.

My movements were rigid and hesitant compared to Garroth's. I seemed to be a step behind and constantly found myself glancing at my feet.

"Don't look down." Garroth said, and he nudged my face up once again by putting his finger under my chin. I looked up at him, distracting myself just enough so that I actually was able to mess up the movements and hit our feet together. I pulled my foot away immediately.

"Sorry." I said pursing my lips.

"You're okay." Garroth said smirking. He really hadn't seemed to care.

He pulled me closer to him. I could have laid my head on his chest but I didn't. I had thought about it but I had turned away when I heard Cadenza. Her voice was always loud and vibrant, but hearing her over the music was an attention getter. Her voice hadn't been vibrant, it had been stressed and angry.

Her voice was more hushed now as she talked to Dante. Using her arms as she talked in a way that also did not look very happy.

"Don't look at them." Garroth said, and he moved my face back to him with his finger tips. But when I looked at him he was also looking over at Cadenza and Dante.

"What are they arguing about?" I asked, even though I knew Garroth didn't know and I probably could have made a guess myself.

"I don't know." Garroth said. His eyes lingered on Cadenza and Dante a second longer before he looked back at me. I felt that I looked more worried than him.

"Don't worry about it." He said, as if reading my mind.

"I am worried about it." I said.

Garroth rolled his eyes at me, although I knew it wasn't really at me. He leaned down suddenly, kissing me hard once for a long moment before he grabbed my left hand with his and pulled me back towards where the group had previously been. The song still played in the background as he dramatically pulled me away, but I followed compliantly.

"I don't know who fucked you that made you think you're hot shit, but it wasn't me and it's not gonna be." Cadenza stated as we neared them. Cadenza was loud and sounded genuinely angry, which was slightly frightening.

"I'm the one who thinks I'm hot shit-"

"Yes, you do think that." Garroth interrupted.

"Garroth, shut up." Dante turned only his head to look over at Garroth. I had never seen him truly angry until this point.

"I'm not the one who thinks I'm hot shit when you've got something stuck so far up you're ass that you're ignoring me." Dante said, glaring at only Cadenza like she was the only one there.

"I'm not ignoring you, I'm saying no." Cadenza said slowly like she was sounding out the words for him.

"Then stop being such a prissy bitch I'm giving you want you wanted." Dante said, his voice went higher and so did his shoulders.