1 - Concede

Milly was working on the final touches of an intricately carved bed frame. He had an amazing time working on the delicate curves and designs in the wood and he couldn't wait to see the customer's reaction when they picked it up. He was brought out of his conversation by the ring tone he had assigned to his current dominant. He couldn't help the small smile as he thought about Emmett. Just three months ago the dominant had asked him to sign a six-month contract and after a long conversation about Milly's fears and insecurities over his size, they were quickly put to rest as Emmett claimed to be different. That he enjoyed the larger man submitting to him. However, the smile was quickly demolished as Milly opened up a simple text message. "I'm sorry Miles, but I need to end our contract immediately. I thought I could do this, but I can't. I wish you the best Miles." The larger man whispered the words as he read them, his face falling instantly as he processed their meaning. The dominant had ended their contract three months early and Milly couldn't figure out what he had done wrong. He had listened to his every command, he hunched in on himself to make himself smaller, he talked softly, he did everything he could think of, but it still wasn't enough. Maybe Milly would just never be enough or maybe the problem was that he was too much.

Even though Milly really just wanted to curl in a ball in bed and not move for however long, he couldn't. He had the bed frame he needed to finish and he promised Jase, the club owner, that he would stand in as a bouncer tonight. He would just have to push through and he could wallow in self-pity tomorrow. Hopefully, Emmett won't be at the club tonight. Regardless of how unhealthy it is, Milly pushes his emotions to the back of his mind and focuses on his project. He'd be damned if he let his work suffer because of his emotions. So work he did. Milly finally finished the bed frame just an hour before he was due to leave. The frame needed to dry overnight so the stain could set and then it would be packaged and delivered tomorrow. The next hour was spent showering and getting ready. Milly was moving through the motions on autopilot. He wasn't feeling nor was he really thinking. His sole focus was on getting through the night and before he knew it he was entering the club and heading to Jase's office to check-in.

Milly didn't make eye contact with anyone subs and doms alike. He kept his head down as he moved through the filling club before finally taking his post at the front door and relieving the current bouncer.

This wasn't the first time he had stepped in to help Jase. Although he absolutely hated doing so and it went completely against his personality and left him feeling exhausted afterward he always had a hard time saying no. So he went through the motions, checked membership cards, turned people away, ignored the subs making comments about him, ignored Emmett as he entered with a small man attached to his arm, brushed off the comment from some dom about how he should just give up on being a sub already. Milly froze as who just entered the club processed in his tired brain. He froze as he looked back into the club to see Emmett in his tight leathers sitting at one of the couches with the smaller man kneeling at his feet. Milly didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't for their contract to be ended and then within less than twenty-four hours to see him with another submissive already. He shouldn't be surprised though... He wasn't satisfying him in any way... He wouldn't be surprised if they had been seeing each other even before the contract had ended, but he needed confirmation. It would hurt, but if he didn't get it it would just eat away at him. Milly left his post at the door to the other bouncer and made his way over to a circle of couches that sat not only his ex-dominant but others he would consider acquaintances.

He stood directly in front of the man being careful of the sub on the floor, "How long?" The words were quiet and emotionless, completely catching Emmett off guard who just looked up at the tall submissive in surprise. A moment of silence passes before Milly repeats himself, "How long?"

Everyone was surprised when it wasn't Emmett that answered, but instead the man at his feet. "5 weeks."

Milly's response was physical as he flinched back as if he had been hit. Emmett opened his mouth as if to respond, but Milly just shook his head and dug his nails into his palms in an attempt to keep himself from crying. Everyone surrounding them was silent, they were all surprised by the information. After what felt like years to Milly he finally lifted his chin, meeting eyes with the dominant that promised him he would be different. As their eyes met a tear finally rolled down Milly's caramel cheek. With a final shake of his head, he walked away leaving a stunned group behind him.

Milly made his way back to the sub room, where he proceeded to empty everything from his locker into the bag that was kept inside. All the toys, clothes, costumes, toiletry products, everything. Before making his way to the office. He entered Jace's office without knocking, something he would never do, but he needed to get away and he didn't have the time to wait.

"I'm leaving. I'm ending my membership. This was my first club. This is where I learned everything, but it has become toxic. It's not safe. I don't feel safe. When... well... if I find another club wherever I end up they'll probably end up calling here. You know the deal. I just figured I'd give you a heads up." Milly didn't make eye contact with the owner. He got all the information out as quickly as possible before placing his membership card on the desk and leaving. He walked through the filled club with his bag and exited, not giving it a second look. It hurt to leave. This is where he thought he would finally be able to be himself, but he was obviously wrong.

Jace was left starstruck. He didn't know what happened, what went wrong. Milly had been the sweetest thing since he showed up on his eighteenth birthday and begged to be trained as a submissive. He had already done all kinds of research on any and all topics. Jace had high hopes that Milly would thrive at the club, but at some point, things started to go wrong. When he opened the club, he swore it would be a safe place for any and all in the BDSM community. There would be no shaming for anything whether it be kink, looks, sexuality, size... But he failed. The more he thought about it the angrier he became.

He snatched up the membership card and stormed into the main area and up onto the main stage. "I have one thing to say to you all tonight. Each and every one of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You have not only managed to run a submissive out of this club but most likely out of town. One of the best trained and most well-behaved submissives that I have had the pleasure of allowing into this club. And because of what? Because he's tall? Strong? Handsome?" Jace shook his head and sighed. "Because of you all, he no longer felt safe here. No longer felt like he could be himself in the one god damn place that is designed to be yourself. This place is made to be a safe haven for all of you. To do and be what you want to be. And you took that away." Jace walked over to the front door and pinned the membership card right next to it. "You all better remember Milly. Remember him the next time you judge someone, the next time you think that someone needs to act a certain way just because of how they look. For a community that is supposed to be so accepting, you have all failed." With the last sentence, Jace made eye contact with Emmett and the rest of those on the couches that had the gall to call themselves Milly's friends. With a final look of disappointment from the man in charge, Jace walked back to his office leaving all the members to their thoughts and guilt.

Jace hoped that he would receive a call someday. That he would have the opportunity to tell another club owner that Milly is an amazing submissive regardless of everything. He hoped that this wouldn't chase the man away from the lifestyle, that he would find his way back.

Milly managed to keep the tears at bay until he reached his house where he finally allowed his emotions to run rampant. He just managed to pull his jeans and shirt off before curling up in his oversized bed in a pile of blankets.

He didn't know what he was going to do, he didn't have many friends in the area as he kept mainly to himself and the friends, if you could call them that, were all a part of the club he now refused to return to. Maybe it was time to leave. There was nothing left here for him. And that's what he did. After a night of tossing, turning, and crying Milly packed up and sent out his last project and packed up everything he absolutely needed. His workshop items went in his trailer and all his personal items went into his truck. He had no destination in mind and he had a break from projects. It was time to find a new home, hopefully, one that would accept him as he is, but he couldn't fight off the doubt in his mind. The thought that maybe everyone was right. Maybe this person he is is not who he's meant to be. It was an issue Milly decided to worry about later, for now, he would just drive.

 It was an issue Milly decided to worry about later, for now, he would just drive