𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐- 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬

CAMILO FIDGETED WITH HIS SMALL GOLDEN LOCKET AS HE WAITED FOR HIS FAMILY TO FINISH THEIR BREAKFAST

Bouncing his leg impatiently he caught the eye of his abeula.
"Why are you so fidgety this morning Camilo?" She asked, glancing up from her plate.
Before he could answer Dolores's head shot up with a mischievous grin.

"He's being impatient because he's meeting up with Valentina today after breakfast!" She said, "I heard them talking about it last night."

"Dolores." The boy whined, slumping down to avoid his families teasing eyes.

"You know, I think Valentina Madrigal would be a nice name." Felix teased.

"Papá stop it." Camilo groaned, rubbing a hand down his flushed face.

"Well, if you are meeting her take some extra arepas and some maracuya." Julieta smiled.

"And make sure to bring her back with you, I would like to have a chat with her." Abeula said with a smile, "If you're that eager I guess you may go now."

"Thank you so much abeula!" Camilo smiled. Leaping out of his chair he kissed his abeula on the forehead before running out of the house.

"And he forgot the food." Pepa sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"They remind me of us when we were younger." Felix said smiling adoringly at his wife.

Camilo happily walked into the village, waving to everyone as they waved to him.

"Camilo!" A familiar voice called out. Turning around Camilo saw that it was Andres, Valentina's Abeulo.

"Hello abeulo!" Camilo smiled, walking over to the man who was sitting on a bench outside his house.

"You're going to meet Valentina, I presume?"

"Of course, what else would I be doing?" Camilo said.

"Sit and talk with me a moment, hijo." Andres smiled, patting the spot next to him on the bench.

"What do you want to talk about, anciano?" The boy smiled.

"Valentina." The older man said, "I know you have feelings towards her. We all do."

Camilo looked up at him with wide eyes and a red face, "How- how'd you know?" He stuttered out.

"It doesn't take a genius to realize that Camilo Madrigal is in love with Valentina Marin." Andres chuckled, "I think from the moment you two met we all knew. You're very attached to her, chico amante."

"Does Val know? Please say no." Camilo panicked, pulling at the ends of his hair.

"No, she does not sense a thing. She's a lovesick fool just like you, Camilo." He said, getting up to walk back into the house.