𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕- 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

"MAMÁ? ABUELO?" VALENTINA CALLED OUT AS SHE ENTERED HER HOME.

"Valentina?" Andres asked as he stuck his out out of the kitchen, "You're home early darling."

"Yeah.." The girl trailed off as she ran a hand through her wet hair.

"And you're soaking wet. What happened?" He asked.

"You wouldn't even believe it." Valentina groaned as she sat herself upon one of the kitchen counters.

"That bad?" Her abeulo chuckled as he put a pot of boiling water on the stove.

"Dolores told me that Mirabel found one of Bruno's visions and it said she was going to destroy the magic. Then everybody found out about the vision, the proposal was a mess, Isabela punched Mariano in the nose with one of her flowers, and then Pepa started storming." Valentina ranted as she wrung out her hair.

"Oh Bruno." Andres sighed with a smile, "He was always my favorite of the triplets. Such an awkward little boy, but he was quite bright and funny."

"I don't remember much about Bruno. I remember that he looked into my future, but I don't remember what it was." The black haired girl sighed.

"I remember what it was." Andres laughed with a smirk.

"Really? What was it." Valentina smiled as she hopped off the counter.

"Oh you know, just about you and your future husband. Nothing exciting." The older man said with a shrug.

"Nothing exciting?" Valentina scoffed, "I want to know who my future husband is abeulo."

"In due time, sweetheart. You might even already know him. Now take this tea up to your mother, please." Abeulo requested as he handed his granddaughter a mug.

"Of course, goodnight abeulo." Valentina said as she kissed her grandfather on the cheek before going upstairs.

"Mamá?" Valentina whispered as she cracked the door open.

"Hello dear." Adella smiled as she sat up in bed, "How was dinner tonight?"

"A mess." Valentina laughed, "Here, abeulo wanted me to give you this tea."

Adella smiled gratefully as she took the mug from her daughters hand and smelled the contents inside. Gagging, Adella grimaced and placed the mug on her side table.

"Your abeulo keeps giving me these herbal healing teas. They never work, and they smell and taste disgusting, so I don't drink them anymore." Adella smiled.

"You need to drink them mamá, what if one does work." Valentina said with furrowed brows as she sat down on her mothers bed.

"Valentina.." Adella sighed as she looked down at her hands, "I think it's time we had a talk."

"A talk about what?" Valentina frowned as she messed with her ring.

"My health." Adella said as she looked away from her daughter, "It isn't looking good, Val."

"It's not looking good because you aren't taking your medicine." Valentina mumbled as she took the mug from her mothers side table and held it out to her.

"I know this is hard to talk about Valentina but I just.. I want you to be prepared." Adella softly whispered as she set her hand on her daughters arm.

"I don't think there's any way I could be prepared for your death." Valentina scoffed as she looked away from her mom.

"I guess I worded that wrong..." Adella sighed, "I don't know how I should word that actually."

"No, I know what you mean." Valentina frowns with tears pooling in her eyes, "I need to prepare and realize that one day you'll be gone."

"I won't be truly gone, I'll always be here. I'll be there in every marigold you see." Adella smiled as she caressed her daughters cheeks.

Valentina tearfully smiled as she glanced to her mothers side table spotting a vase a yellow marigolds.

"Can I braid these into your hair." Valentina asked as she grabbed the vase of flowers.

"Of course sweetheart."

And so as Valentina set to work braiding the beautiful yellow flowers through her mother's long greying hair, the girl tried to savor every moment she had left with Adella Marin.

(a/n)- did anyone catch the callback to the first chapter¿
also super short chapter oopsie after the 2800 something word chapter i needed a break.
i'm not very good at writing sadder scenes like this nobody talk abt it.

AND MORE FAN ART FROM THE LOVELY KAELYNNN (but this time but phone kind fucked up the quality of them :| )