14, impulsive replacement

all in one - jordan poole

ZIA WASN'T A PETTY PERSON,

So when she found herself, well, entertaining Lamelo Ball in her texts, it wasn't to get back at Jordan. Lamelo was fun, he managed to get Jordan off her mind and made her happy.

Lamelo made her laugh, made her smile at his texts, made her belly a bit, fluttery.

Not like Jordan did though.

A smile formed on Zaharia's face as a facetime call appeared on her phone, ' melo :) ' popping up. She pressed the small green button on her screen and smiled as Lamelo's large smile appeared on the screen. "Hey, ma!" Melo greeted almost instantly as he connected.

Zia watched as he pulled the mask up over his nose and got up, a small grunt leaving his lips as he began walking. "Hi Melo, where you at?" She asked.

"Airport, bouta get on the plane. I wanted to call and say I'm flying down there tonight and wanna hang with you tomorrow. "

Almost instantly, she rapidly nodded her head and squealed like a middle school girl. Not like he was asking. "You like roller coasters?" He asked.

Zaharia scoffed dramatically, giving him a smirk, "Of course! I'm from Cali, you expect me to be scared?" Lamelo gave a sheepish chuckle as he walked into the plane. "You never know, see ya, Zia."

The call disconnected and she was taken back to the home screen, where she saw a small red dot with the number 6 in it over the messages icon. Zia hesitantly clicked on it, where she saw 5 unread text messages from Jordan.

jordy 😝

is there something wrong with

your phone or am i overreacting?

zia?

i wanna hang out with youuu!!

call me, please

i love you so much pretty girl muah muah <333

That was a bit weird. Just a random spam of affection from nowhere. These types of texts hadn't been sent to her since, well, before Shaia. Zia couldn't lie, she missed them. She missed him.

Zaharia wanted nothing more for their old friendship to come back. The time where Shaia wasn't in the picture. Zia hadn't really thought of him in that way when they were in the moment, but when she realized he was gone, she realized all of the feelings she had for him.

It was like, the moment he slipped away was when Zia wanted him closer than ever.

And she couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if they were more than friends. If they would have realized, or accepted the feelings they had towards each other. Because they were most definitely reciprocated.