BUTTERFLY EFFECT: Test Drive

Dinah was on top of Normani, still inside of her as they gave languid kisses to each other in the dark. They had migrated from the operation room to Dinah's bed. Hours of lust-filled activities had transpired prior to this moment, and Normani found herself yearning for more. As ruthless as Dinah was in the ring, she was that much more gentle and attentive in bed. The fact had the ebony going crazy.

Every time Dinah made a move to roll over behind Normani, the ebony would release the smallest whine in protest before wrapping her legs around her to keep her where she was. Dinah chuckled every time before reassuring Normani that she'd stay right where she was with kisses. It was now two o'clock in the morning. Both women's bodies were still buzzing with adrenaline, but that after sex glow had taken over, which caused them to just lay still against one another.

Dinah took the time to trace the contours of Normani's upgraded system as it glowed all throughout her body beneath her. The ebony looked otherworldly - ethereal. Normani smiled all the while as she melted in Dinah's touch.

"Looks like someone's feelin' really good..." the blonde uttered against the ebony's lips.

Normani smiled as she caressed the many scars on Dinah's back.

"I feel amazing..." she responded, "...what a great way to test out your new system."

Dinah chuckled as she was brought in for another kiss.

"So..." Normani continued, "...what happens now?"

"Well," Dinah said, "I was hoping you'd wanna stay with us. At least for a little while longer until you get accustomed to life here in the city. If you wanted to get a job, I'd help you find one. Though, with what I make, you wouldn't really need one..."

"So, I'd be your little house-droid?" Normani playfully sassed.

Dinah chuckled as their noses rubbed against one another.

"Of course not...in fact, I'd love for you to come onto the team as an IronFist fighter."

"Really? I didn't think you'd need a partner. You're literally the IronFist champion."

"True...but nothing's all it's cracked up to be when you're doing it alone. Besides...we'd be such a badass couple fighting alongside each other."

Normani smiled at the thought. And especially at Dinah's mention of the two of them being a couple.

"That does sound pretty cool," she said, running her fingers through the blonde's hair as she kissed her wrist. "But..."

"But..."

"But...if I decide to do this, I want you to do something with me, too."

"Anything."

"The money we get from every match we win, I want to donate a percentage of it to my home base. Megan's been the breadwinner for us for years because she made a name for herself, but the burden shouldn't just be on her."

"How much we talkin'? I assume they need more than food and water, right?"

"Food, water, decent housing, better weapons...we've been able to make due with what we've got for years. But we've lost so many because no one - not even our own local government - looks out for us."

Dinah looked into Normani's eyes as her thumb caressed her cheekbone absentmindedly. Normani could tell she was thinking. And judging by the far off look in her eyes, she was thinking hard.

"You know what?" the blonde said after a while. "Your district doesn't just need money. They need a whole new infrastructure. I have friends in architecture that can help rebuild everything, including your home base. The money we get from the matches will help with buying basic necessities, and you and I can do promo to get the general public to help contribute to the cause."