Quarantined

💋Requested by @rayraybadasx💋

It was twelve midnight on the dot as Normani sat in her room's window seat, reading one of her many novels. It had been a little over two months since the state of New York was put on their quarantine order, and so far, things were as calm as ever for her. At least, whenever her roommate, Dinah, wasn't around. The two were complete opposites. Normani was the quiet one, keeping to herself and being the most comfortable when in her own little bubble. Dinah, on the other hand, was the boisterous one, dancing and singing loudly around the apartment, and worst of all, playing childish pranks on whoever crossed her path. And with this quarantine happening, Normani was the only one who was constantly around for Dinah to prank.

The two women had many reasons to hate each other. For Normani, it was mainly because Dinah was the interruption of her peace. Every time the ebony managed to snag a moment to just think and quiet her mind, here came Dinah with her loud music and overbearing laugh while loudly conversing with someone on FaceTime. For Dinah, it was because Normani was no fun. Not only did she seem to be uptight, but she couldn't even take a joke. The blonde tried so many times to get Normani out of her shell, but it only resulted in them arguing.

Being stuck in their apartment, only going out for work and grocery shopping, was proving to only make the situation that much worse. It got so bad to the point where looking in one another's direction was becoming too much to bare. In fact, this whole day, the two haven't said one word to each other. Not even to argue.

There was nothing for them to argue about now that they stayed out of one another's way. Dinah didn't have her music blasting, nor did Normani have the urge to punch her in the gut for stashing a fake rat in the cupboard in their kitchen. Actually, the only sound that Normani heard from the blonde was when she let out yet another whimper of pain from where she was in the kitchen. This was the third time the ebony heard it. With a roll of her eyes, she reluctantly got up to check on her roommate.

"What's goin' on?" she asked with a sigh. "This is the third time you've whimpered since you've been out here."

"I think I sprained something in my neck at work," she winced as she rubbed it.

Normani rolled her eyes before walking up to Dinah and standing behind her, gently rubbing the spot that Dinah was talking about.

"Keep trying to tell you not to go too hard in your training sessions. Is it sore?"

"Yeah," the blonde answered, "that whole area just feels really heavy."

Normani gently rubbed a small portion of that area, causing Dinah to let out a hushed moan as her body slumped.

"Come on," Normani said as she started making her way to her room. "I have some oils that'll be good for relieving all that tension."

"I forgot you're a masseuse," Dinah remarked once she sat down on the ebony's bed.

"You'd think you'd remember that," Normani remarked, "seeing as though you're a personal trainer for people going into the service."

Dinah snickered as she sat criss-crossed on top of the ebony's bed.

"In my defense, smart ass," the blonde retorted, "I barely feel it when I'm actually training them. It's when I clock out and my body begins to relax that I feel it. Can you fix it or not?"