Inugami Korone x otaku gamer reader 🐶

requested by @AnimeWatcher1

Reader will be someone who is very invested in the gaming industry and community, but they don't do well with social cues. However they try their best with someone who shares the same interests as them (ganbatte reader-san, I believe in you). Reader likes retro games.

Reader has a shy/ nervous personality

Fluff

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*

Y/n's pov

I hate this, I really don't like going outside. People everywhere, talking with each other like nobody's business. At least mom let me take my switch with me, I don't think I would've survived if she didn't. The sun shone brightly and it was a beautiful early autumn day. I guess it isn't that bad, being outside for once. Maybe playing my games outside is better than when I'm sitting inside my room like the Otaku hermit I am.

I started up Metal slug 3, as it was a game I have been wanting to play for ages. The aesthetic of it, it gave me a feel like how it would be, playing games in the arcade in 1980. Not like I'd know cause I wasn't that old. My dad used to tell me about them.

I smiled at the console I was holding, nostalgia taking over my senses. Eh, second player... maybe someday.

"Hey, what are you playing" I heard a voice from above me say cheerfully.

I looked straight up, which was a bad idea, because well boobies.

Im not sure whether it was from embarrassment or shock, but my body decided to fall back, right on top of the stranger. My console gently hitting the ground next to me.

I opened my eyes, just to be greeted with the sight of a very cute 'dog like' girl, she had beautiful amber eyes and two dog ears on her head.

Oh I know her, she's from that bakery, they have great shokupan (=milk bread). My mom usually goes there in the morning.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and jumped of the stranger quicker than she could say 'yubi, yubi'.

"O-Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry" I stood straight like a soldier, before offering my hand, which she happily accepted.

"Don't worry bout it, ahaha"  she bounced up before I could apologize a few hundred times more. I'm so embarrassed

She seemed to think for a moment, before saying: "I saw you we're playing metal slug 3, I really like retro games, they're really funny to play". My eyes lit up and if you were a spectator in that moment, you would've seen stars in my eyes. It seems my nonexistent social energy somehow flared up because in the next moment

"REALLY, REALLY, Would you like to play with me, I've never played one of these with a player 2."

The girl seemed to respond to my energy, "Yayy, I'd love too, My name Inugami Korone by the way"

"Oh yea, my name's L/n Y/n, but you can call me Y/n" I said, giving a small smile, the doggo looked at me, a happy smile present, showing her canines.

"Pls call me Korone then or Koro-san!"

~time skip, Korone and reader-san are hanging out at Korone's house, which will be the top floor of the bakery she and her family run~

"EEEEEEEEEEE BUGS, DISGUSTING, DISGUSTING" the usually fearless doggo screeched in panic, she seemed to really want to pause the game at this point

I shot them with the flamethrower I held in the game, while bombing the catterpillars that entered the small 2D hallway we were in. Im such a fearless chad, I thought, feeling quite triumphant.

After defeating the maggots and caterpillars , we went further gunning down the slugs. After escaping the terror of the insects, Korone seemed to come alive again, full energy. Like she just reloaded.

This girl.

I smiled, knowing that for the first time since my father's passing, I finally had someone I could talk too about these things again. Once more she was a beautiful, cute, energetic, funny doggo.

Maybe my mom was right about leaving the house for once huh

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*

Kinda on the short side, hope this fulfilled your request