Ninomae Ina'nis x reader 🐙{the alchemist}

I watched Howls moving castle with my sister the other day and I love the vibe. So this is more or less kinda inspired by it.

Reader is an immortal alchemist and meets our dear Tako priestess...BUT plottwist Ina is a takodachi on her journey to reach her next fase of life.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚

I was walking among the grassy meadows when I first met her. Great grassy hills stretching for miles into the horizon. Why I, a great and powerful immortal alchemist was walking in stead of using fancy wizard transport? Boredom perhaps, a way to use my time in stead of racing everywhere on one of the many magical creatures or vehicles.

After living for the amount of time that I have, you learn to appreciate the little things. Gold, power, I couldn't be bothered by it. Greed and success was no longer something I considered important anymore.

I had been cursed many centuries ago, I was unable to die and after a few hundred years of living greedily and experiencing the so called finest things in life I had lost the will to continue like that. I lived many lives in many places. I had helped and condemned so many people and now al I was left to do was wander.

Back to her

Back when I had met her she had been a mere tiny takodachi. A takodachi was a noble spirit, one of humility, blessings and fortune. Only the most noble of souls were able to get in contact with them. They were highly desired as familiars and I had rescued more than my fare share of them off the black market. However the moment the small creatures were saved, they always went their own way, no doubt to look for a worthy master.

Now here is the interesting thing about the takodachi's, a folktale as they would call it. Many sources state that the purpose of a takodachi is to find a companion worthy to guide them to their next life, one where they would find their true form and only the most worthy soul was up to the job.

That does not explain why one of them has been following me for the last few weeks.

A dark alchemist

One with a curse bestowed by the higher powers of this world

One with enough blood on their hands to fill an entire lake

What the hell

I sighed for the umpteenth time before turning around to face the small creature, "I'm serious little friend, please leave me alone and find a worthy master" I said while squatting so I could look the creature in in the eyes.

The creature, in response to my statement, lifted a a stubby tentacle and pointed to me. Then it huffed like it should be obvious.

"WEIRD TAKO YOU ARENT JUST MISTAKEN YOU ARE COMPLETELY ON THE WRONG SPECTRUM OF PEOPLE" I said while holding my hand on my head in disbelief, "your stubbornness is truly beyond me"

The takodachi just looked at me with its serene smile and its halo glowing a tad brighter as if to say 'just give up'.

"Im learning to read its gestures, oh my, I truly am too far gone"

Just when I was about to voice my protests again the wind picked up, making my grown out (h/c) hair fly into my face, reminding me that it is due time to cut my hair to a reasonable length again.