Chapter 1 - Life is not fair

Life was not fair. Those were the thoughts that were currently occupying Jennies mind. But why would she think something like that? Her life was pretty much perfect after all. "Life's a bitch, but mine's a movie." Jennie chuckled to herself while silently quoting herself. On stage, while performing "Forever young", those words seemed to me so much more... meaningful. While in reality, those words, if anything, have more of an ironic meaning than anything else. If her life would be a movie, it would be a tragedy.

Because despite all the things she had, fame, friends, a global fanbase, she felt incomplete. Imagine wandering your whole life around, knowing that you're missing something. Knowing what you're missing. And knowing that, no matter what you do, you can never have what you're missing. Even if it's right in front of you.

Rosé.

From the moment they met for the very first time, Jennie knew that Rosé was unlike any other human being she ever met, male or female. It's not like she was a lesbian per se. It's more like that the aura that surrounded Rosé was so captivating that it couldn't possibly be hindered by unimportant details like what's in between Rosé's legs. At first it was just a premonition of course. Even though she felt attracted to the beautiful australian girl from the very beginning, she could't put her finger on why exactly she felt the way she did. She thought, that it was just because Rosé was a nice person in general and a good friend, a good listener and always willing to take care of the people that were close to her. But the deeper their friendship got, the more Jennie came to the conclusion that her feelings for the aussie were anything but platonic. When the four of them were cuddled up on the couch to watch TV Jennie would instinctively be especially close to Rosé. When Jennie was having a bad day, nobody understood how to comfort her like Rosé did. Small details like that made Jennie more and more convinced that she actually fell in love with her bandmate.

And it scared her.

How couldn't it? It was wrong on so many levels that Jennie actually thought Cupid played a trick on her. They were workmates, best friends and for all she know, Rosé wasn't even into girls. Not to mention the backlash she'd face when YG found out about it. It wouldn't be the first time an idol got punished by their company for falling in love with the wrong person (or falling in love in general). And Jennie couldn't risk that. Not only for herself, but her friends as well. It's been almost two years since Jennie realized her feelings for Rosé and ever since then she tried her very best to ignore and suppress her feelings. And it hurt so badly. As soon as the realization hit her, she saw Rosé with different eyes. She started to notice every small detail about Rosé and whenever she was in the same room as Jennie, she could barely pay attention to whatever she was doing or who was talking to at the moment. And when you spend so much time together as these two did, it can get very frustrating very easily.

"Jennie. Are you asleep?" A familiar and slightly annoyed voice was calling her. Jennie snapped out of her thoughts and looked to her left, where Jisoo stood with crossed arms and a concerned look on her face. "Jennie, are you okay? I called you like three times and you wouldn't respond. I was scared you lost conscious" Jennie shook her head slightly and stood up from the desk she was sitting on. "I'm sorry, I just had a bad night of sleep you know" she weakly apologized. Recently she had to make up lots of excuses like this in order to deceive her friends. It didn't look like Jisoo was buying any of that, so Jennie was quick to change the topic.

"But more importantly, I'm starving. Why don't we go and grab something to eat?" Before Jisoo could reply, Jennie hurriedly made her way downstairs and went into the kitchen. The first thing she saw was Rosé sitting at the kitchen counter eating a Banana. God, how could a girl look so stunning in nothing but grey sweatpants and a grey sweater. Jennie must've been staring again, because Rosé was now looking directly towards her with a slightly discomforted look on her face. "Jennie, are you okay?" The second time already that someone had to ask her this question. "Y..Yeah, of course. I was... I was just.. wondering because you're eating already" Jennie tried to find a somewhat decent explanation for her behaviour. "Well, we had to wait for a certain sleepyhead and my stomach was heavily protesting against that" Rosé teased Jennie and gave her a wide grin that made Jennie almost faint. "Okay guys, enough of that. We have a meeting soon, so lets eat breakfast and get ready" Jisoo announced when she entered the kitchen. As the oldest member, it was her responsibility to make sure they were on time.

Don't know what to do without you [Chaennie Fanfic]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara