Chapter 7 - Scars

As much as Jennie would've liked to drown herself in self-pity, she quickly had to clean up the mess she caused in the bathroom and the bedroom if she wanted to avoid any questions. Even though she was well aware that there would be questions from her friends, the bandage around her right forearm stood out like a Slipknot fan at a Justin Bieber concert. But the fewer reasons she gave the other girls to be concerned or suspecting, the better. She quickly picked up the shards from the ground, wrapped them in lots of toilet paper and threw them in the trash bin before putting the first aid kit back in its place and cleaning the bathtub of any remaining blood. After being convinced that the bathroom looked normal again, Jennie hurriedly made her way back to her room to get rid of the shards there as well and much more importantly, cleaning the stains of blood from the pink carpet in front of her bed. It was then she realized she should've taken care of that problem first, since by that point the blood on the carpet was already dried and the bucket of water and sponge she brought with her from the bathroom didn't do much to erase the traces of her little "accident".

Jennie flinched slightly when that word rushed through her mind, but quickly shook the thought out of her head. Lisa and Jisoo have been out for quite some hours by that point, which meant they could come back basically anytime. Maybe, if she would've been more calm and collected, she would've thought of texting them to see when they will come home. But she was as far away from being calm as possible, causing her to desperately try to scrub the blood out of her carpet, with very little success. She quickly googled what she could try to get rid of the blood, but all the suggestions that appeared were cleaning supplies Jennie had no idea of where to find them, if they even had them at home. Frustrated, she threw her phone on the bed and picked up the carpet, quickly making her way to the washing machine. She hastily pushed the carpet into the machine and added an extra load of laundry detergent before turning the machine on. Once the machine was on, Jennie took a deep breath and leaned against it, bringing her hand to her forehead. She started too feel a bit dizzy, and she had no idea whether it was caused by the stress or if she lost more blood than she thought. I have to get to my bed she thought to herself and quickly left the room. But just when she rushed around the corner, she bumped into Lisa and Jisoo, who apparently just came home.

"Whoah Jennie, why in such hurry? WHAT THE FUCK?" Lisa suddenly yelled when she saw Jennies forearm.

Well, that didn't took long. Jennie thought to herself while mentally facepalming herself for not putting on something with long sleeves. At least it would've given her a bit more time before someone could notice something.

"Jennie, what happened to your arm? Are you okay?" Jisoo asked her while both girls looked at her with very concerned looks on their faces.

Jennie nervously stumbled a few steps backwards while holding her hands up in defence. "I.. I'm okay I just.. fell.. I slipped and fell into a mirror and it broke and I..." She quickly blurted out her lame excuse, well aware of how unconvincing it sounded. Lisa and Jisoo didn't look convinced either, adding up to the stress Jennie was already under on, the dizziness in her head increasing. Her eyes even had problems focusing, making the two girls in front of her appear blurry.

Jisoo also noticed that Jennie had problems standing upright, so she took a step towards her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Jennie, are you okay? You are pale."

Afraid of being exposed, Jennie abruptly pulled away from Jisoo's touch, which turned out to be a dumb idea. The sudden movement of Jennie's body was the final nail in the coffin for her weakened body, who was unable to hold his balance and the last thing Jennie could see was Jisoo and Lisa rushing towards her in an attempt to catch her before her head would crash on the wooden floor.

"Here Babe, take another." Rosé whispered into Jennie's hear while holding a strawberry up in front of Jennie's face.

"Mhh no.. it'd rather stay like this." Jennie replied with a chuckle while nuzzling herself closer to Rosé. She was laying on top of Rosé and reaching for that strawberry would require her to lift her head off of Rosé's comfortable chest.