Chapter 4 - Affection

"Don't worry." Rosé whispered, only for Jennie to hear. And damn, in this moment, in this atmosphere, Rosé's whispering voice was the sexiest thing Jennie has ever heard. "We don't actually have to kiss." Rosé tried to comfort Jennie and chuckled a bit, but every word she spoke drew Jennie even closer to her until they were indeed almost touching. They were so close that Jennie couldn't even avoid eye contact anymore and what she saw in Rosé's eyes... Could it be? No way, she wouldn't... But before Jennie could finish her thought...

"Okay, that's it, we're finally done." Lisa announced. "We can eat now." Jennie got torn out of her thoughts. She didn't even realized Lisa took any photos. With an open mouth she looked at Lisa, who had a satisfied smile on her lips. "Those pictures turned out great. The two of you were also really convincing. I almost thought you were gonna make out for real." Lisa and Jisoo laughed, Jennie and Rosé however remained silent for a few seconds. "Hey, are you okay?" Lisa then asked when she got no reaction from either girl. "Was this really necessary? Wouldn't it have been enough to take normal pictures of the food?" Jennie flinched as Rosé suddenly started to yell at Lisa. However she had a playfully and jokingly tone in her voice. "Well, of course it was necessary." Lisa replied in the same way Rosé yelled at her. "These pictures will drive the fans fucking crazy. Here." Proudly Lisa showed Rosé and Jennie the photos she took. The further they scrolled, the more embarrassed they became. But at the same time Jennie simply couldn't look away. As much as it hurt her, knowing that what she saw right know could never become a reality, she had to smile when she imagined how beautiful it must be to be on a real date with Rosé. When they looked at the last picture, and it really looked like they were kissing behind those wine glasses, Jennie could feel the tears in her eyes again. She quickly blinked and turned away before the others could notice. "Okay fine, you've got what you asked for. Can we finally eat now please?" she then pleaded, which made the other girls laugh. "Yes, of course, I think you two earned it." Jisoo exclaimed and the four girls sat down. "And what about me? I am the one who too turned this..." she pointed at Jennie and Rosé, who were sitting next to each other across Lisa and Jisoo. "into this!" This time, she pointed at her camera, obviously proud of her work. Jisoo rolled her eyes in response. "Yes, of course. You too." The conversation died down as they ate in silence. Jennie tried her best to enjoy her meal, and the food was really good so it actually helped her to distract her mind to a certain extend. However, after a short while, she could feel Rosé's leg slightly brushing against her own one. Neither of them have moved their chairs away from each other.

After they enjoyed a good meal, Jisoo and Lisa were cuddled up on the couch, watching the latest episode of their new favourite K-Drama. Since they already cooked and prepared everything else, Jennie and Rosé offered to clean up the kitchen. Neither of them spoke while they were putting the dishes in the dishwasher. "You know, Rosé, you can go change clothes if you want. I can finish the rest alone, you can join the others on the couch." Jennie quietly told her. "What, you wanna get rid of me?" Rosé replied with a playful smile which caused Jennie to look away quickly. "N..No, that's not what I meant." Rosé chuckled a bit in response. "I know, don't worry. But it's fine, really. The faster we get this done, the faster we all can cuddle up on the couch. Besides, I wanted to talk to you in private anyway." Uh-oh. Jennies heart started to beat faster immediately. "W..With me? Sure. Did something happen?" Rosé put the last wine glass in the dishwasher and turned it on before turning towards Jennie and looking directly into her eyes. "I don't know, you tell me." Now Jennie became even more nervous. So they really did notice, even Rosé. That was the last thing she wanted to happen. "Oh.. it's okay, really. I already spoke with Jisoo about it. It will be fine, I promise." Since there was no point in denying it, at least she had to play it down. But Rosé was apparently not satisfied with that answer. "I know that you spoke with her. But can't I know as well? Am I not..." Rosé didn't finish her sentence. She also didn't look at Jennie anymore. Instead she let out a barely audible laugh. "Nevermind. Forget that I said anything. If you say it's okay, that's enough for me." Jennie was highly concerned about her sudden mood swing. But before she could reply anything, Rosé quickly turned to leave the kitchen. "I will change now into something more comfortable." Rosé said while standing in the doorframe. She then turned her head towards Jennie and looked at her with melancholic eyes. "You looked really beautiful tonight, Jennie."