Chapter 1: Park's Legacy

THE SCIENTIST

Heels clacked against the fine marble ground as I walked and I stopped for a moment.

"Stop walking behind me with those dang heels, Gladys!" I scolded the Secretary and she bowed, then left the scene seconds later.

I walked to my destination, clad in my cosy sneakers. I'm about to go get myself a second breakfast. Can't start the day without it. I was about to take a turn to the snack section when I heard someone yell my name.

"Chaeyoungie!"

No...

I tried to run but a lanky and yellowish figure jumped into the air and successfully landed on my form.

"Chaeyoungie?"

"Rubber duck..." I murmured and passed out.

AN HOUR LATER

I woke up to a warm sensation around my hand and I clutched the back of my neck as I sat up.

"Honey boo, you're awake?" The woman next to me, and holding my hand asked me.

I snatched it away from her, despite the warmth, in this cold Seoul.

A pout formed across her lips and she gazed at me sadly.

"Don't call me honey boo" I instructed sternly as I got off the bed gracefully and straightened out my lab coat.

I love that thing.

"How about cuddley boo, or babe? Or love, or sweetie pie--"

At this point, I stopped sharply and faced her.

"You shall call me with none of those endearments, Lisa"

"How about Cupid?" She whispered with a smile, our faces were very close right now.

"Because I stole your heart?" I inquired sarcastically.

"No. Because you give me small heart attacks every time I see you" She grinned and I pushed her face away.

"Cheesy flirt.."

"Don't act like you don't think about me every night " She winked and I groaned.

"Lisa, what are you doing in DHC anyway?" I asked her and she grinned smugly.

"I'm your partner. Cool right?" She said enthusiastically and I stared at her blankly.

This one? The one that tried to fry eggs but burnt the fry pan and caused an explosion in the kitchen? This massive flirt?

"Chaeyoungie? Babe--"

"Hold it," I interrupted her sharply. "I have to investigate this" I rubbed my hands smoothly.

"I'm listening.." She brought out a bright pink magnifying glass and held it out in front of me.

"I thought you disliked pink?"

"I bought it for you, so that you may explore with it, my--"

"Okay I heard enough" I snatched it from her and she grinned.

"To the director's office,"

...

"Yes, this young lady was summoned to work here for us in Double Horizon Complex. Do you have any problems with that, Ms Park?" The Director informed me and Lisa glanced at me with a smile.