8-12

"it's so cold i think my hands are about to fall off."

this was Taehyung's chance. he had been waiting for this moment to happen. the two of them were at their local christmas market to search for presents for their friends. tomorrow, they would meet up for secret santa, to give each other their gifts. this year they had to meet up early since the other's would leave soon to visit their parents. now, they waited at a fruit punch stall because both were absolutely obsessed with fruit punch.

"uhm my mum would always do this..."

and it surprised even Taehyung a little bit when he grabbed Jungkook's hands with such confidence. he intertwined their fingers and put them in the pockets of his black fur coat. but he didn't plan this through enough because now they were standing a lot closer than he expected. the older was filled with so much confidence today though, that he played it off with his signature wide smile.

"better?"

Jungkook's cheeks were glowing red but he was nodding. and while the younger was avoiding his eyes at all cost, by watching the other costumers get their cups of fruit punch, Taehyung was shamelessly studying Jungkook's face. because it's hard not to, especially when it was as close as right now. those pretty, doe eyes and lips that seem to pout naturally. if Taehyung was honest, he thought that the younger was the most gorgeous person he had ever seen. he wasn't surprised that he developed a crush on him the moment they met. because how could you not? and while he was so deep in thought, his thumb was stroking over Jungkook's hand subconsciously because that was just the type of person Taehyung was.

"our drinks are ready."

and as much as Taehyung didn't want to, he let go of the younger's hands to get the steaming cups from the young lady behind the counter and handed one to Jungkook. they ended up walking around the market a bit lost because they were still unsure what presents to get their friends. and while they were giggling about the fun things they found, their fingertips would touch from time to time and Taehyung couldn't help but think about how he wished the younger would drink his fruit punch faster, so he could have an excuse to hold his hands again.

even though his wish didn't come true, he got another chance an hour and a half later when they waited for the train to take them home. Jungkook stood in front of him, rubbing his hands, trying to warm them up again. so Taehyung scraped the last bit of confidence together and stretched his hands out.

"cold again?"

and when Jungkook understood the sign and laid his hands in Taehyung's and let the older intertwine their fingers and put them in his pockets, Taehyung automatically felt more warm. it spread from his chest over his whole body until it reached his toes. and don't even get him started on his hands. they were burning wherever his skin met Jungkook's. and how close they were again. it would only take a few inches to connect their lips and kiss him but Taehyung would leave that for another day.