20-12

"aren't we to old for santa claus?'

"no."

"Tae, i'm not sure if they even let us in."

"if they don't, it'd be a fucking hate crime. and i'd tell them that they are preeetty homophobic if they don't let us in."

Jungkook giggled as Taehyung laced their fingers together and swayed their hands enthusiastically between them. they drove all the way to the mall to sit on the lap of the awfully paid santa claus and tell him about their christmas wishes. as they got closer, Taehyung could see the sign that said 'only for kids under the age of 10'.

"i told you we're too old for this."

Jungkook had just whispered in his ear when an elf already made his way up to them. Taehyung chose to just ignore him and stood in line behind a tiny red haired girl that looked up at him with wide eyes. he smiled back.

"sir, this event is only for kids under ten, it says on the sign right next to you."

"we can't read."

"but i just told you? now you know."

Taehyung wasn't sure what looked more ridiculous, the guy in the ugly green elf costume or the two of them standing in line with a bunch of tiny children. he felt a little sorry for annoying the short man but this was too much fun.

"he is literally ten."

Taehyung motioned with his free hand to Jungkook, who had to bite his lip to keep himself from laughing. the elf stared at them with an expression that had 'are you serious?' written all over it. but Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders and started waving at santa claus.

"hey santa, santa! they won't let us in, but i have an important wish to make."

and the santa guy really turned to them and nodded with his warm smile and Jungkook had to hide his embarrassed face in Taehyung's shoulder. the elf sighed but let them through. only two kids later, the older pushed Jungkook towards the man in the red costume. he turned around for the last time before sitting down on one of the mans thighs. Taehyung could hear how he was apologizing for the older's behavior and how santa claus said that it was fine. the rest of the conversation was too quiet for Taehyung to hear and he was dying to know what they were talking about.

after a short while it was Taehyung's turn and he ignored the grunt santa claus let out when he sat down on his knee. Jungkook stood on the side, looking around the mall a bit lost, waiting for the older to finish, while santa was chuckling.

"so, what are you whishing for this Christmas?"

Taehyung took one last look at Jungkook before leaning a little closer to santa. he lowered his voice even though the younger probably couldn't hear him anyway.

"i wish for a ton of money ... and that guys heart."

Taehyung leaned back again and made a small motion with his chin towards Jungkook but santa didn't have to look to know who he meant. he chuckled again, this has never happened in his 10 years of working at this mall.

"i think that can be arranged."

"merry Christmas, santa."

and with that, Taehuyng hopped off his knee with a wide smile and went back to the younger. as they walked away, Jungkook looked at him with curios eyes.

"what did you wish for?"

"you should never say your wish out loud my dear Jungkookie but i'll make an exception because it's you. i wished for a whole lot of money and a boyfriend to share it with."

"and who would that be?"

Jungkook chuckled and nudged the older's side. Taehyung wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"i guess we'll find out on Christmas eve."