Chapter 18

Moht was seated, her eyes glancing over the others. She had been thinking about what Cirsus had told her, but it wasn't the oncoming danger of Void, Sinister, and whatever the other one was called. She was more intrigued by this "Goddess of Pain and Life." She had never heard of a god like that. One that could give someone more life and take away another's pain. It was strange. Her eyes spotted the blue alien attempting to talk to Yati. She slowly arose and padded over. "Can I ask you something?" Cirsus turned, a bit startled, "Sure?" Moht flicked her ear, "You said something about travelling with another god earlier. Where is she now?" "You mean Itami? I don't know. She just kind of disappeared and we haven't been able to find her since." "Hm..." Her hat slipped down a bit, covering her eyes. "She's the Goddess of Pain and Life. If there's a God of Life, wouldn't that logically mean that there's a God of Death too?" Fear traced Cirsus' face before quickly being replaced with surprise at the sound of a tom's scream. The two of them bounded back to the shelter. When Moht stuck her head inside, she saw Storm standing protectively over Blizzard, the fur along his back bristling. There was also a skeleton with sugar skull markings standing in front of him with orange, yellow, and red marigold growing out of it. It was kind of unsettling, but welcoming at the same time. "Who are you!" Bliz barged in, snarling at the stranger. The skeleton meowed in a calm, tom's voice, "Dolorem, the God of Grief, Sorrow, and Death. I came in search of my sister Itami when I sensed a soul readying to depart from this realm." Everyone looked down at Blizzard. She didn't seem to notice nor care about what was happening. Her eyes were glazed with pain as they searched vainly in the distance. Dolorem took a careful step forward and didn't flinch when Storm snapped at him. The God of Death gently nuzzled the God of Ice. Her body relaxed at his touch, but stiffened again when he pulled away. Moht stared curiously as he stood up. A hushed voice of a she-cat could be heard from behind them. Everyone glanced to see a blue, black, and white molly with a yellow, flowering, vine necklace. They were all shocked. Throughout their trip, she had been silent. Her eyes locked onto Dolorem, fear still within. She stepped back as he slowly approached her as if she was afraid he was going to harm her. Her eyelids shut and she fell to the ground, cowering with the God of Sorrow towering over her. Her paws covered her face and a soft whimper could be heard. Then, he plucked a gorgeous golden flower from within his rib cage and crouched, gently placing next to her ear. Her tense body loosened up immediately and the skeleton murmured something soothingly to her. She seemed to understand, even though she couldn't hear him, the marigold had said enough.