Chapter 16

It has now been a few months since you decided to "work" with Bonten , you basically took down a lot of rival organisations together thanks to your skills and managed to get some information about them without them knowing.
But you still kept the deal in mind so you weren't going to cause issues anytime soon.

They were bad .. and you would never work with them happily even if you were payed to...you were currently at a bar near Kyoto looking for your trusted information collector and friend.

" V , it's been a while" you smiled at him while hugging him. His name initial was v so you decided to call him that not to use his name in public, so there wouldn't be any danger.

"Hello to you Y/n" he smiled as he hugged you back, you both sat at a booth and started talking business.

"So how is everything V ? Do you still help the local police?" you asked while drinking once again another virgin mojito.
At this point you had an addiction with the mock tail.

" Yes , in these past few months i heard a lot about local organisations getting shut down, that was you wasn't it?" he sipped on his beverage as you smirked at him.

" The one and only" you chuckled.

" You surely do all of the work but they get the credit, aren't you mad?" he asked.

" If they take the credits no one will focus on me so i can do my job better so i really don't mind, except some times when i risk a lot , but other than that i don't have a problem" you sighed " and also people feel a lot more safer if the police says that".

" You really are a blessing in disguise" he chuckled.

" Well you can say that" you laughed. " Oh and i heard that you got that car that you always dreamed about" you remembered him talking about it some years back.

" Oh yes , that baby cost me 300k" he took out the keys and showed them to you .

You whistled while looking at them, the car was really expensive but he deserved it with all of the work he has done behind the scenes for the police.

" I'm happy for you , you deserve it" you handed them back while smiling, this was a genuine smile as you were happy for your friend.

" What jobs are you doing right now?" he asked.

" Oh trust me , you don't want to know and plus i don't want to endanger you" you replied.

" Just be safe okay? I know that you can do it as you are always the winner in every job that you take" he looked a bit worried but you gently grabbed his hand took out your pinky finger.

" Promise" you both shook your pinky fingers initiating the promise.

It was a thing that you always did since you became friends in University , you  met him at a lecture and instantly bonded. After that you started meeting more often and studying together and then graduated together.

Over the years you both parted ways with your jobs but never lost contact with each other.
You were best friends after all and even if you both had risky jobs you still met each other in one way or another.

" I'm so glad that we never lost contact you know" you remembered all of the stupid things you guys did while at University.
From sneaking around the dorms to accidentally almost setting his laptop on fire.

Yup crazy times right there.

Now you were both 27 with different jobs but still had that crackhead energy in you to redo  everything even if you were much older.

" Same, i wouldn't have anyone to almost set my laptop on fire" he rolled his eyes as you smacked him on the shoulders.

" Shut up you did it and blamed me to get me in trouble" you rolled your eyes.

(Play the song that i put above and if it doesn't work play 'i see red slowed version' )

" Oh before i forget did you perhaps look into the trafficking ring that i asked you about, did it stop?" you asked.

" So i researched as much as i could and basically found recent change in their  movements, meaning that they restarted the prostitution ring again recently, though this information was really hard to find, they did try to hide it." he spoke while passing you a paper envelope with documents in it.

You scanned  your eyes through the documents  as you saw proof, showing the dates and times of encounters with also camera pictures of Bonten members that you didn't know but recognised the clothing they wore as it was standard.

You took a deep breath to calm yourself, so even after so agreed to their terms they still betrayed you.

You even started to think they were honest at least, well you were wrong .

In these past months you got used to mikey , yes you started calling him that as it was easier and also because sanzu got pissed off when you called  his king that.
He would start coming randomly to talk to you and eating dorayakis in your room while he spoke  about what was going on in his mind to seek comfort from you.
So he never did care about what he did, he didn't want to change and was just using you.

You would say you got used to his presence , he was the most decent one out of them and because of living there you had to pass time in one way or another.

So you found yourself slightly in the tiniest percentage starting to like the man ( not romantically) as he probably did too...maybe more than you.

You felt pity for him.

But at the end you should trust no one, not causing trouble soon my ass.

Oh they will certainly pay the price  .

————————————————————————

Cliffhangers, my speciality.
Did you like this chapter and are you ready for the bumpy ride that is about to come?
Let me know <3