«4»

'Ah, you must be Enoch and Lynette.'

Enoch's mouth fell open. 'How did-'
'One of my children can see the future in their dreams,' she explained, 'and they told me about your arrival. Now, would you two like to come inside?'
'If that wouldn't be too much hassle.' I said.
'Not at all!' she beamed, holding the door open. 'Come along, we'll discuss our matters in my office.'
She lead us into the house and up the stairs. Few of the children peeked behind doorways and walls, but none of them approached us. Finally, we came across a door leading into her study. Me and Enoch sat in the two chairs in front of the desk, whilst she sat behind it.

'So, what exactly happened to you two?' she asked. We were silent for a few seconds.
'Do you want me to start, Lynny?' asked Enoch.
'You tell her about the loop, and I'll tell her about the Hollow.' I said.
'Okay,' Enoch inhaled deeply, and started talking.

'So, I go out into town for a few items, and when I get back, our house had been raided. I look in all the rooms; all the children and our headmistress were killed, except me and Lynette. I think she's dead at first, as she's curled next to our dead Ymbryne. When I say their names, her head shot up to look at me. Then, we packed what we could and left.' He signalled towards me. 'Your turn.'

I nodded.
'We reach the train station, and Victor nearly walked into me. Enoch pulled me out the way, and Victor apologised. Emma comes up to him; I believe he wandered off, then she slips that he rarely leaves the loop. I ask her if the person in charge's name is a bird's name, but before she can answer, Abe finds us. I'll summarise this next bit. The Hollow that killed our loop follows us and nearly killed me, if it wasn't for Abe. He saved my life. And the rest, you know.'

Miss Peregrine nodded. 'I deeply apologise for your losses. Tell me, who was your old Ymbryne?'
'Miss Erin Fern.' I said.
She sucked her breath in. Before looking back up at us again. 'So, I'll take it you two now have nowhere to stay?'
'If you put it that way, yes.' Enoch said gravely.
Miss Peregrine suddenly smiled again. 'Well, you are more then welcome to stay here.'
'Really?' I gasped.
'Of course, I'm sure you'll get along with the others. Come along, we'll introduce you. Leave your belongings here, you may collect them later.'
I turned and gave Enoch a relieved smile. He returned it back, except a little smaller.

'Children, come here please.'

The children gathered at the bottom of the stairs. Miss Peregrine was just in front of them.
'We will be having some new people joining us.' she said. 'Come on down.'

Enoch gripped my arm again.
'Don't be shy.' I said with a slight tease in my tone. He rolled his eyes playfully. 'I'm not shy, Lynny.'
'Then come on.' I dragged him slightly and we walked down the stairs.

'Hello, everyone.' I said, 'My name is Lynette, and this is Enoch. I hope we can all get along.'
'Tell them your names, then.' said Miss Peregrine.

A little girl wearing a sailor dress spoke up first.
'Hi! I'm Bronwyn, and this is my brother, Victor!' she said, pointing behind her. Victor gave us a singular nod. 'Nice of you two to drop by for a while.'

'Hello, there.' said a blonde boy dressed in a suit. 'Horace, it's an honour to meet you.'

'I'm Olive, and I can control fire. It's amazing to meet you two.' a girl said sweetly.

'You already know us, but for the sake of it,' said Emma, 'I'm Emma, and this is Abe.'
Abe bowed his head. 'Glad you're staying.'

Finally, a voice said, 'And my name's Millard!'
Miss Peregrine sighed. 'Millard, put some clothes on.'
'Oh alright, excuse me.' I felt something brush past me and up the stairs.
'Ignore him,' said Emma, 'he thinks he can prance around naked because no one can see him.'
'I heard that, Emma!' Millard shouted from above.

'Now,' Miss Peregrine said, 'Enoch and Lynette have been through a lot, so be nice, okay?'
'Yes, Miss Peregrine.'

Woohoo double update!
Also my longest chapter yet!
Love you!
Katelyn x