«5»

A/N: One, this takes place a few years after they arrive; all the other children have arrived.
Two, this chapter won't be told from Lynette's POV
Okay? Hope you enjoy reading!

'I'm going to go for a walk.' Lynette said. The loop had just been reset, and all the children had come inside and were heading off to their rooms.
'Do you want me to come with you?' asked Enoch, 'It's dark outside.'
'I appreciate the thought, Enoch,' said Lynette, 'but I'll be fine.'
'Just make sure your back in an hour at the most.' said Miss Peregrine.
'Noted. I'll see you guys later.'
'Bye Lynette!'
'Be careful, Lynny.'
'I'm always careful.' said Lynette, before she slipped through the front door, and was gone.

She took in a deep breath of fresh air. The night was quiet, and the cold breeze of the September night brushed against her cheeks. Lynette approached the edge of a cliff, and looked down below at the beach. The waves rippled against the sand, it's colour getting darker each time the water drifted along it. She closed her eyes and smiled; this was nice. She was so relaxed and mindless at that moment, that she didn't hear someone approach behind her. It was only when the figure put a hand to her back that she noticed their presence.
'Say goodnight.' the voice said. It's tone was malicious, the evil grin almost able to be heard. And with that, they pushed her off the cliff.
Lynette screamed, but if anyone did hear her, it would have been to late.
The impact from the fall killed her instantly.

'Has anyone seen Lynette?' asked Miss Peregrine.

Hugh shook his head. 'No, she still hasn't come back.'
Miss Peregrine's face clouded with worry. 'I told her to be an hour at the latest. That was almost over an hour ago.'
'Is she okay?' asked Claire.
'I'm sure Lynette's fine.' Emma reassured.
'Lynette? What about Lynette?' Enoch came in, a concerned look on his face.
'She hasn't come back from her walk yet.' said Fiona.
His eyes widened.
'The most likely thing though, is that she lost track of time.' Victor said, 'Don't worry, I'll help you look for her, and we'll bring her back, okay?'
'I'll go with you two.' Olive volunteered.
'Be careful,' said Miss Peregrine, 'if she's injured and can't walk, don't move her. Come and get me right away.'
'Yes Miss.' said Victor and Olive; Enoch was already gone.

'We've looked everywhere, and we still haven't found her!' Enoch was starting to panic now. His breathing was getting heavier, along with his hands shaking a little.
'Okay, you need to calm down. Olive, could you check the beach while I stay with Enoch?' asked Victor. Olive nodded, and disappeared behind a cliff as Victor rubbed his friend's arm.

'Mate, don't stress,' he said, 'the worst case scenario is that, as Miss P said, she may have fell and hurt herself, therefore she can't walk. But I'm sure she's-' he was interrupted when there was a scream from up the beach.
'Olive.' Enoch murmured as they ran towards where the scream came from.

'Olive? Are you okay?' Victor called.
When she came in sight, her hands were clasped over her mouth with tears streaking down her face.
'I-I-I-I,' she stuttered between sobs, 'I found her...'
'Lynette?' Enoch's face hardened. 'What happened? Where is she?'
Olive buried her face in her hands. Enoch stepped towards her and put his hands on her shoulders. 'Olive, please, where is my sister?'

Olive looked up at him, and said,
'She's dead, Enoch. I found her near the cliffs; she wasn't breathing, nor did she have a pulse. I held her hand, and she was stone cold.'
Enoch froze and stared at the girl. His grip on her tightened.
'What?'

Since that day, he became colder. He already stayed to himself a lot, but the death of his twin caused him to separate from the others even  more. And although he still spoke to everyone, his tone was harsher.

And he never really smiled again.

Oh dear
Poor Lynette
Btw, this now has 22 views!
Thank you!
Love you
Katelyn x