chapter 8

Nicholas POV

     "What do you mean Niko?" Anto said, confusion written in his face.

    "Well you guys know how I had always wanted to start up my own company "

    "Yeah and you wouldn't stop talking about it," Benny said, rolling his eyes.

    "Yeah well I did start it and I suffered so much for it which is why I wouldn't let someone who doesn't know what I sacrificed for MY company to come and take it away from me" my anger was coming back as I told them about the meeting a few days ago "so now you see why I need you guy's help especially you Benny " I said looking at him

    "What do you mean, especially my help Niko?" he fretted.

    "Benny I have tried continuously to get the attention of the government especially the Secretary of defense Mr victor Ducaan " I said slowly trying to get them to see my point "but all has proved abortive all for some reason but now that I think about it I think Nate have a hand in it I mean Nate was the one who would set up meeting and presentations but all of it came to no avail ".

    "Uhmm.... That does sound suspicious, maybe you are right Niko, something about that Nate guy sounds fishy especially the way he ordered his father in the meeting " Jimmy said

    "Yeah Jimmy, something is definitely up with that guy." His twin John said, I thought John would never speak to me again..... Well technically he didn't speak to me directly but still improvement  right at least he is better than peter and Nalee that haven't spoken to since they got here.

    "You guys are right but Niko, what does that have to do with me?" Benny said. I know that Benny is playing safe here and I can't say that I don't understand why.

    "Come on Benny I know that you know what I am about to say, I need your help Benny please "

    "Niko Niko you know that I can't do that, you know " Benny said with a frown on his face

    "Guys, can you stop speaking in codes and just tell us what you are talking about " Nalee said, finally it was about time.

    "Are you gonna tell them or should i" I said looking at Benny.

    "Guys I work for the secret service and I was or is assigned to protect the Secretary of defense because he is one of the politicians that have more more death threats apart from the president himself " Benny said

    I know that for Benny it was never easy to hide your job from them, especially your husband , it wasn't easy at all.

    "Benny what the hell are you talking about " says peter looking angry as time passes "you better start talking now Bennett " I get why peter is so angry I mean he is Benny's husband and yet didn't know of his husband's real job.

    "Calm down peter let the explain himself " Jimmy said "go on Benny, we really want to understand what you are talking about "

    "Well to cut it short, a few months before Niko left I asked to get me a job in the security in the white house because as you know I have always wanted to work in the white house but then the whole Anika stuff happened I didn't think that he remember to get me the job but a year after he left I got a letter, a letter that said I was accepted to join the secret service agent and to report to the white house for a physical interview. I was so excited peter and I wanted to surprise you after the interview but during the interview I signed an NDA because the person I was protecting is a very private man and the job is so dangerous that I thought if I told you, you make me resign "

   "You know I love you right " Peter said with a softening expression "and I would never make you leave something you love doing so much.....  and thank you Niko....... For giving him what he has been dreaming of for a long time".

    To say I am shocked is an understatement. I mean he has always hated me...... Ok maybe hate is too strong of a word to use but he has always disliked me even before I met Anika because he thought that I had always been pampered as a child......  Ha if he only knew but then we became friends, he found out about my past, he apologized and since then we have been on good terms but not on till I left that is.

    "So Niko since we all know what Benny truly  does now I think we see where you are going to; you need Benny to put in a word for you right " Jimmy said

    "Not exactly Jimmy, look I know that O'dara is planning something and I need to act fast so I need to get me into his office as soon as possible "

    "Oh shit sorry bub i can't do that Niko" Benny said looking really sorry

    "And why can't you Benny I mean give the guy some credit man, he got you this same job you know " Nalee said looking rather annoyed with Benny

    "Guys come on please let Benny talk"

    "Thanks Niko and I didn't say that I wouldn't help him" he said looking at Nalee with a stink eye  "it's just that the Secretary is on Vacation in the Caribbean with his family "

    "Ok Ok and when will they be back" I said really hoping that it isn't for a long time

    "Well see that's the problem there I don't know Niko "

    "But how don't you know I mean you are his bodyguard right " peter said

    "Yes I am but the man didn't give any specific time or date of return....... But I can send you over there "

    Wait what, did I hear him well "you can"

   "Yes I can but if I get fried, you will get me new job"

    "Thank you so much Benny, you are the best " I said "you too guys, thank you so much"

    "Well we didn't do much but I guess we can buy some amount of shares in the company right guys"

    Oh my God, I can't believe I was a fool to leave these great people behind, they are the best friends anyone can ever ask for.

    "Yeah I guess we can" Anto said with a little smirk on his face

    "Thank you guys so much, without you guys I would definitely lose my company but now that I have you guys with me"

    "It's cool we are friends...... Again but I just have  one question " Nalee said "what are you going to do about Nate and his father"

    "Yeah Niko what are you going to do about them especially Nate, he seem like the villain here and he sounds very dangerous " Peter said

    "You guys right, I thought that maybe Anto could try and track their every movement but that seems like a lot of work" I said looking at Anto

    "Well it doesn't have to be a lot of work I mean I could track the GPS chip on their electronic and even their car " Anto said

    "Really, that's amazing " I said

    "Thanks and I can also track their location, calls, messages and basically anything that enters their phones and computers but for that I would need their phone numbers"

    "Ok Ok I think I can get you the numbers so Benny when will you send the location of the vacation to me "

    "Maybe tomorrow Niko because tonight we get shit faced besides I need my laptop for it "

    "Ok thanks again " I said to Benny "so guys now that we have discussed and made some preparations I think it's time to party"

    "Yes! Now we are talking " Anto said, he has always been the party animal amongst us "clubbing time people, now get off your lazy butts and let get going already "

    "Chill man chill" I said laughing "but do get off your lazy butts guys the drinks are on the house "

    "Nice Niko" Nalee said

    "Come on let's go people " Benny said as leave the office "tonight we drink and have fun like there is no tomorrow especially you Niko; you need it"

    Benny's right, we drink today and fight tomorrow. Besides, I need to lay off some steam and what better way to do it than drinking and dancing all night long.

    But I couldn't help but notice how John was really quiet, it looked like he was observing us talk.....but I am probably overthinking things now.