CHAPTER 2 - She wants Pizza

Bright light coming from the outside woke him up. He slowly opened his eyes. Was this real life? Was this really his life from now on? Then the realization struck him. He was now married. He was freaking married with… Spring? He gave up the love of his life for his father. He gave up Elonor.

Knock knock. A soft knock brought him back to the present time.

Knock knock.

“Who’s that?” he said.

“It’s Martha, Louis. Come down now. Breakfast’s ready.” She said in a loud voice.

“Coming.” he said groggily.

He stood up and walked slowly towards the door. Louis went downstairs and headed straight to the kitchen. The smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, chocolate, and cupcakes filled the entire kitchen. He looked at Martha who was washing the pans.

 “You made all these?” he asked.

“I really like your wife, Louis. She’s pretty, she’s adorable, she’s…” Martha said dreamily.

“Where is she?” he asked again.

“Oh—“ she said unfinished.

“I bet that girl that I married is still sleeping. Because you know what? She’s a freaking brat. She came from a wealthy family and I know she doesn’t know a thing about household chores and cooking. Maybe the only thing she knows is choosing the best color of dress for her skin tone or the perfect lipstick.” Louis said in just a breath. Martha looked at him with wide eyes.

“Tsk. Tsk. Are you sure Louis? That girl. That you’re married at.. No, no. don’t call her that. First of all, she has a name and she’s Spring. Bear that in your mind. Secondly, she’s already awake when I arrived here. She was the one who cooked everything you see on that table. Don’t judge her quickly, Lou. She’s a nice girl. A perfect wife for you.” Martha said as she spun around to wash the pans again.

He was dumbfounded. They just met for what? Two hours? And that was Martha’s remarks for her?! Huh.

The clinging of wind chimes made him look at the back door. There she was, standing stiffly on the door. She was just looking at him like he was a ghost.

“Why are you just standing there, my dear Spring. Eat now with Louis.” Martha held her wrist and directed her to the table.

“Uh—uhm… I just picked some flowers for the vase.” She said as she put the flowers in the vase. She didn’t look at him. “Let’s eat.”

Why was she so nice? He furrowed his brows and aimed for the bacon.

“You two, behave well, alright? I’ll leave now. And talk.” Martha waved her hand and exited through the backdoor.

Silence. Awkward silence. Just the sound of spoon and fork against the plates could be heard. Louis dropped his spoon and fork and looked at her. She was surprised and that made her look at him.

“It’s your fault.” Louis announced.

“What fault?” she said, confused.

“If you didn’t agree to marry me, I—we shouldn’t be here in this goddamn married life.” he stood up.

“Well, to tell you frankly,” she stood up too and faced him. “I also don’t want to be in this life. You don’t know what’s the story behind why agreed to this marriage. Heck, I hate you.” Tears started to fall from her eyes. She ran upstairs and the loud slamming of door was the last thing he heard from her that morning.

----------

He went straight to his room. He lay on his bed and attempted to have a sleep, but he failed. He stared at the ceiling and thought of what he had said to Spring. Darn, he didn’t intend to say that to her.