Chapter 5 - Under attack?

Two weeks later... The phone rang and you picked it up drawling "Slave speaking." 

Your voice sounded all cracked over the phone. Two weeks before, you had said working would be the best way to get your mind out of some distracting things. But what you had been faced with was pure slavery. You had been working your ass off for two whole weeks, non-stopping.

Needless to say you were a trash. And to make things worse you still had some business to finish on the following morning. But thereafter, you would be free for the rest of the weekend. Those past two weeks had been hell to you. Finding time to meet Hiei, as you were used to, was nearly impossible. Unless for a few times at your lunch hour. And you had to force those  meetings into your busy schedule since it was very hard for you to keep your sanity being away from your best friend. Now, the rest of the gang was another issue. You had not seen them during those weeks.

The only one you had spoken with was Keiko though through short phone calls – because you didn't have much time to engage a good conversation.

"__ (your name) __? Is that really you?" You recognized Keiko's voice.

"It's what was left of me, I guess..." you yawned loudly making Keiko laugh at your misfortune.

"You must be really a trash right now" 

"Gee, thank you! That's exactly what I needed to hear." You said in a low sarcastic tone, but Keiko could still identify you were joking.

"Haha! Hey, when do you think they will free you?"

"Hm, tomorrow things will be back to normal, thank God! I don't think I would last any longer on that pace."

"Great! Then we're going to get together this weekend. I will talk with the rest of the gang to see if they have any suggestion about what we should do and I'll call you back. Does that sound good to you?" 

"As long as I don't have to think, you can do whatever you want." you stated with another yawn.

"That's great! I'll call you as soon as we figure out what to do. Bye!" She hung up on you so excited she was, leaving you staring at the phone with a blank look in your eyes. After a while, you started to think about things you should do 'I should probably pay a visit to Genkai tomorrow.' You pondered 'She's always been so nice to me... maybe I'll bake a cake and take it for her.' You yawned again and closed your eyes. 'Two weeks...' you thought and an image of Kurama popped up in your head. Instantly you slapped yourself hard on the face and scolded yourself harshly "Stop thinking about him, damnit!" Your cheek was red and burning from your self abuse. You had been doing that during all those two weeks – and the slaps only got harder and harder.

You couldn't help; as much as you tried you couldn't stop thinking about Kurama. That kiss was so... There were no words to describe it or the feeling it aroused inside you. The fact was that you had never faked that kiss. You had lost track of the acting the moment he got close to you. Too afraid of what you could find out, you refused to think about that anymore. You knew you should have controlled yourself but there was no point in keep replaying the scene in your mind. Turning on your stomach, you pulled the covers over your head and drifted into sleep – hunted by bittersweet dreams.