Chapter 10 - Chemistry

One month later...

"One hell of a month..." You whispered thinking of everything that had happened during that whole month. You had no time to yourself and you almost didn't have time to spend with Hiei; only a few times at your lunch hour, on week days. The 'not so demanding training' Genkai had talked to you about was in fact very harsh. And the 'only weekend' talk became, every hour you were not working.

A sigh escaped your lips as you realized you had yet to properly thank Kurama for the lovely roses. The only thing you were able to do was mouthed a 'thank you' from afar. Yesterday was your last day of training. Genkai said you were a fast learner and you were ready to defend yourself and not hurt people around you.

She explained that you as well as Midoriko were spiritually strong but when it came to high level youkais, your powers would not be of too much help. Only if combined with a stronger energy. That was what happened with Midoriko. She joined forces with her love. But when she was left to fight alone she faced a really hard fight. The power that belonged to both of you was based in good energy. It was not meant to destroy but to heal.

Nevertheless what was really important was that you were not a threat to your friends anymore. You could control your powers, make barriers and even transfer your energy to weapons. That was the basic for you to know and it was just a guarantee that you would not get caught by surprise if Kuro decided to get revenge on you for having his arm purified. At that moment, you were heading to Genkai's temple to find Kurama. As far as you were concerned he could be considered as a friend. He really was a friend of yours. And he had demonstrated that when he defended you that night at the Karaoke bar. You wanted to thank him properly so you bought him a gift and were going to surprise him with it.

"__ (your name) __? I've never thought I would see you here again so soon" Yukina said with a kind smile.

"I know... That training was really tough but I don't scare that easily..." You said acting all smug, much like Yusuke would. Yukina giggled a little and then asked politely

"If I may ask why you're here today?"

"I'm looking for Kurama. Do you know where I can find him?"

"Kurama? Sure! Take that path over there" Yukina pointed to a path that went inside the forest "He must be next to a pond"

"Oh, alright! Thanx Yukina. I'll be back later..."

"I'll make a cake and we can talk a little" Yukina stated all happy.