Kabanata 4

JUDE

Everyone is agitated when I got home. I crease my forehead.

I just got home from the airport. I was just about to change my clothes and go to the office, but when I got home, everyone was in a panic.

"What's happening?" They all look at me with a worried face.

"Sir... kasi po, hindi ko po alam... ahm..."

"What?" I am tired from my business trip. I want to rest but when I entered the house all of them are busy arguing about something.

"N-nawawala po si Antalia," one of the maids said. My head explode because of what I've heard.

"How? Are you all fvcking useless?!" I shouted.

"I-iniwan ko lang po siya sa... sa garden para kumuha ng meryenda niya. P-pagbalik ko po wala na siya. Hinanap na po namin pero hindi namin makita." She's in the verge of crying. Scared of the possible things that mught happen. She should be, because if there is something wrong happened to my daughter I will make her pay. All of them.

Antalia is just a kid and they are too many yet no one notice where did she go. What are they doing?

It's my daughter. I knew that she is a little bit a brat but she will not go somewhere unless she's with someone.

"If I didn't find here. Ready yourselves," I warned them before I leave the house again.

I should be resting now, but because my daughter is missing I am more stress.

I called someone before I started the engine. I am even more pissed off because it took so long before he could answer my call.

"Hello?"

"Locate, Antalia. She's missing." I commanded.

"Huh?"

"Now!"

"Oh, shit! Okay, okay. Don't shout." I can hear a loud noise at the background then I heard him shouting from pain. Maybe he fell on the floor. Stupid.

"Bakit nawawala? Naglayas na ba ng maaga ang inaanak ko? Baka naman kasi sinusungitan mo rin ng todo," he asked but I ignored him. I can hear a clicking sound of keyboard.

I am still driving now on the way in his house. Gavin is a friend of mine. He's a douche but reliable. A computer engineer.

"Found her!"

"Where?"

" She's near to Jake's place."

I dropped the call and manuever my car. Jake's place is outside Manila.

I called my brother. Luckily he immediately answered.

"Did you fetch, Antalia?" I directly asked. I have no time for nonsese greeting and chitchat. If she fetch her why he didn't inform anyone in yhe house.

"No, why?"

"She's missing and according to Gavin she's near your place."

"I was sleeping all day. I do—"

I din't let him finnish to talk. "Then get up and find her. I'll be there, I am already in the way," I said and dropped the call.

I drive faster. I need to find her as soon as possible. That brat is giving me a headache.

KATARINA

"Anong pangalan mo?" tanong ko sa batang prenteng nakadapa sa kama ko habang nanunood ng tv.