Head Home- Reaching The Clubhouse

CHERRY POV

    I wake up with the alarm after only about three hours of sleep. I am satisfied and sore from Khaos and my activities last night. I sit up and stretch and reach over giving Khaos a slight shake to wake him. "Time to wake and get ready for the road. Got to walk Tank before we leave too. Want to walk with me as you call everyone to make sure they are up?" I ask as I get dressed. He nods and gets up to dress too. We pack up the few things in our room and Khaos starts the calls. I clip Tank's leash on as he grabs the few bags. We head out the door and drop the bags at the car and walk to the side of the motel. By the time Tank has done his business, everyone is out of their rooms and waiting for us. "Time to roll out," Dagda announces.

    After everyone is loaded up, we head out. I am happy and nervous to go back to the clubhouse. I turn on the radio to keep from conversation with Khaos right now. I sing along with the songs for about thirty minutes. I didn't realize it was a mistake to do that until Khaos turns off the radio and asks, "Do you regret what we did? Do you regret us?" I can hear him choke up with emotion as he asks. "God, no. I don't regret what we did or us. I am just both happy and nervous about going to the clubhouse. I know no one blames me but that doesn't mean I didn't hurt people running. Just is making me nervous and I was trying to calm down. I am sorry, I should have just told you instead of ignoring it." I reply earnestly. He nods in reply and turns back on the radio. He then grabs my hand interlacing our fingers. We spend the next few hours just singing along with the radio. I appreciate his support in calming my nerves. He notices me stifling yawns. He reaches over and turns down the radio, "Get some more rest, baby girl. If you want, I will wake you at the next stop and let you drive for the last leg of our drive." Khaos tells me. "Yeah, I will drive for the last little bit, so you can sleep a little more. After we eat and I catch up with everyone, your ass is mine. You're going to need your energy and rest." I reply and wink at him. He smirks and replies that sounds like a plan. That is the last thing I hear as I let the darkness overtake me.

      Khaos wakes me at dawn. I can see the reds, oranges, and purple hues in the sky. Khaos watches me as I stare, "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asks. I nod and take a picture with my phone. "Still not as beautiful as you, baby girl," he replies. I can feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I blush. "Thanks" I mumble. "Let's get coffee and snacks for the road. I will get some rest, too. I promise but I want to only rest for about an hour. We still have about four hours on the road and lots of areas we can run into trouble. I want to help keep an eye out. I am going to let Dagda know that I am going to try to catch some z's so he can ride closer to us." he informs me. I grab Tank and walk him while Khaos talks to Dagda. I hear him make sure everyone knows to contact Mayhem if they see anything suspicious or run into trouble. I wave Dagda over as I put Tank up and Khaos is distracted. "I plan to let Khaos sleep until we get to the clubhouse. I know it will piss him off, but he needs it. He will be slightly less pissed if you stay close to me, so will you help me out?" I ask. "Yes, lass I got you covered. You're right that boy needs the rest," he replies smirking. "Thanks" I mumble while blushing.

     I hop into the driver's seat as Khaos unloads his haul of coffee and snacks from the gas station. I open the lid to my coffee so it can cool enough to drink. "If you leave your lid on your coffee, it will still be warm when I wake you." I lie to him. I have no intention of waking him. "I will close it after I take a couple of drinks. Need to wash down my donuts," he replies. "Okay. I am holding you to getting some sleep or I will withhold sex until you do." I reply with a smirk. "Argh, I can't believe you would threaten to withhold sex. I also promise I will sleep some after my donuts. I got you some too and a muffin." he states pretending to be offended. We eat and make small talk up till exhaustion wins. I get a soft snore as a response from Khaos when I asked him if he was excited to go home.