Chapter 5

Leslie's pov :

I was informed that the Russian mafia wanted an alliance with us few minutes ago.

Did they forgot they killed my husband 15 years ago?

I accepted the alliance. Not cause i want an alliance with them but cause i want to find out why they wanted an alliance with the American mafia.

The Russian's usually don't do alliances cause they think that they're 'better' than every other mafia. I scoffed.

Why a sudden change, and why with the Americans?

There is going to be a business meeting in less than an hour and i intend to find out what they're up to.

--

I make my way onto the warehouse location the business meeting is supposed to be held.

"Nikolai Smiroff," I greeted him and shake his hand.

Yuck.

"Leslie Reign, nice to finally meet you in person." He said with the fakest smile i've seen.

"Likewise, of course."

We sat down and discussed some stuff about our mafia. That's when I saw a fucking bomb stuffed in his booster bag.

I continued talking over some weapon shipments with Nikolai, but my eyes were focused on the booster bag.

As I see him reach his hands to it, bringing it out making it's existence more obvious, he clicks a button which I suppose is the timer.

I hear beeping sounds fill up the room, making the tension between us awkward.

"I should go inspect the noise, it's probably coming from outside." Nikolai stated standing up, making his way to the door.

Oh no you don't.

"Of course, great doing business with you." I gave out my hand for him to shake, once i felt his touch on my palm I twisted it making him wince in pain.

I then kicked him in the Patella part of his leg, making him fall on his knees. Before he could react I pin him to the wall, giving him a nice solid punch that made him faint.

He should be down until after the bomb goes off.

Which made me realise, fuck I need to get out of here.

I threw him onto the ground and made my way to the door, I ran out as fast as I could and jumped into my car then drove away seconds before the bomb went off.

God that was a sucide mission.

Nothing I never experienced though, I wheezed at my own thoughts.

I go home and unlock the door to see the panic-stricken daughter of mine.

"What the fuck mom?" Was the first thing she said.

"I could ask you the same question, why the hell do you look like you're in a life or death situation?"

I look at her sweating like crazy.