Chapter 2

Tris’ P.O.V

 “Al?”

He looks up and drops his apron on the ground at the sight of me.

“Tris?” he says looking like a lost puppy.

But I don’t fall for it again. I don’t see him as a sweet guy, I see him as the coward who almost killed me. He starts walking toward me with his arms open for a hug. Just then I remember when he had a crush on me during initiation.

“Back off.” I say sternly.

“Tris.”

“Leave me alone.”

“Please forgive me, Tris please please I’m so sorry.”

He notices the two slices in my hand and says,

“Are you really hungry for cake or something?” he says.

He’s going off topic, and I really don’t want to speak to him at all. I have all this deep hatred inside me and want to scream at him, but I have a better idea… To make him jealous.

“No, one’s for my boyfriend.”

He gives me a hurt look.

“Who is it?” he says.

As if on cue Tobias walks in and says,

“Babe whats taking so lon-“ he cuts himself off noticing Al.

“Al.” he says stiff as a board remembering that night I could’ve died.

“You’re dating the scary instructor?!” he says with sadness, confusion, and anger all at the same time.

“That doesn’t matter, why are you alive?!” I ask my voice strict and angry.

“I hated everyone calling me a coward and I did jump but I survived, somehow,” he says "after they lifted me out of the chasm they sent me to the hospital and I was only in a coma.”

He tries one last time to hug me but gets stopped by Tobias blocking me and punching Al square in the nose.

We walk out and I thank Tobias by kissing him on the cheek, but before we leave I walk up to Al still on the floor from the impact and I whisper,

“Never get even near me or God so help me I will kill you, Coward.”

A/N okay I forgot to do this in the last chapter do this so all characters belong to the great (even though for a week she was the devil to me 'cause Allegiant but I still love her!) Veronica Roth!