First Sip - 6

Whereas having the weekend off once felt like a blessing, you're now certain it's a curse; it gives you time to agonize over how you're meant to face Yoongi at six in the morning on Monday. (Well, closer to seven, if he's true to form). The thought of how he'll act plagues you all of Saturday, then switches to paranoia that he'll just plain pretend it never happened on Sunday.

When Monday comes around, you've decided to not give a fuck. Or at least, to pretend like you don't. Fake it until you make it. It's not like you're going to date, anyhow. It was just two co-workers letting off some frustration with each other. So, you strut into work with your head held high, trying not to think about how he had his way with you right against that counter.

"Hey, Sooah. Morning." You listen to the coffee machines hum as you turn them on.

"Heyy, good morning!" Sooah beams as she starts the prep for the rush. "Yoongi's on time again."

"As always."

Time for chatter is cut short as soon as you flip the sign to OPEN. The endless sea of coffee-seeking zombies pours in, and you expect Yoongi to be amongst them anytime now. But there's no sign of him, not even when the clock's second hand makes it three-quarters to a finished circle. Maybe he's running extra late.

Or maybe he's avoiding you.

You shake your head, forbidding the thought from entering your brain again. You dive back into work, handing out black coffees like elixirs of life.

When you next look up, it's half past seven. The most Yoongi's ever been late is an hour, and even that was only once. He hasn't called in sick; Mina would have let you know. And he hasn't traded shifts with anyone, because the one person he would have swapped with, Hoseok, is always punctual.

Two hours stretches into three. The morning rush takes with it your distraction as it dies down. You're left pacing, trying your best not to stare at the door like a boneless dog while you pick up errant trash some customers left behind. But no amount of looking or not-looking changes things.

Yoongi never shows up.