Chapter 55

HARRY'S POV  

Weeks went by and it was almost time to leave for New York.  

I hadn't yet talked to Estée, but I gathered she'd figure I'm taking the others with me anyhow.  

I approached her door 2 days before the day of our departure and rang her doorbell.  

She opened the door almost as if she was expecting someone.  

"Hi.." 

"Um, hey."  

"Can I come in? Real quick?"  

She silently opened the screen door and let me inside. "So MSG is in a few days,"  

"They aren't going."  

"What?" 

"I'm sorry, you can't take them."

ESTÉE'S POV 

I watched as anger and confusion filled his face.  

How can he possibly think I'll let him take my family away on a vacation after all this?" 

"Estée, I don't expect you to come and I know it's been difficult but please." He got teary eyed, but wasn't quite crying. "Don't ruin this for them, for Tiffany. I promised her and it would really mean a lot to me aswell. Please."  

I stood there for minutes just looking at him as he pleaded. He batted his eyes while looking up to prevent any tears from falling.  

Why does he care so much? 

"Fine, whatever."  

His face instantly lit up and he half smiled. "Thanks."

"I can't come though." 

"I know." 

It was silent for a few moments.  "Are they here?" He asked looking behind me into the apartment.  

"No, they're out."  

As soon as I said that the door swung open and there was Niall, my mum and Tiffany getting back.  

Great timing..  

"Harry!" Tiffany's face lit up as she threw her hands around Harry's legs. 

"Niall? What are you doing here?" He asked, distracted, as he picked the little girl up.  

"We just went to get some food." My mum said as she lifted the bag of Chinese takeout in the air.  

"Oh." He replied.

"What's up mate? you excited for MSG?" Niall asked as the two went inside and it was just me, Harry and Niall.  

"Yeah, that's kinda why I'm here." He said as he glared at me.  

"I'll just let you two talk." Niall awkwardly said as he walked away into the kitchen.  

I didn't look him in the eye but I could feel those eyes on me. For some odd reason, his stare brought me comfort. It brought me comfort to know that he was looking at me.. acknowledging me.  

"I know what you're thinking and-" 

"No, I'm not thinking anything." He shook his head abruptly. "I'll be here in 2 days to pick them up. Have a good day, Estée." 

I watched as he stepped out of the flat, closing the door behind him.  

"Everything alright?" Niall said coming back, and placing his hands on the side of my arms.