Chapter Three Part 1: We're Being Punked, Pedro

AN- Since my chapters are pretty long I'm going to start splitting them up.

France, 14th Century

Two cloaked men walk through a forest late at night, they hold two torches up to light their path. They approach a large stone later where the knife from the Salvatore school is laying. The men pull back their hoods to get a better look at the knife before speaking in Gaulish.

"And you wanted to turn back." The first man says.

The second man stops sensing something. "Wait."

Both men raise their torches to get a better look at something in the bushes. A gargoyle stands there clutching a sword.

"The Guardian!" The second man says slightly nervous. "We must leave this place at once."

The first man scoffs. "Fairy tales for children."

"As was the knife!" The second retorts anxiously.

The first man gets closer to the altar but before he can touch the knife both men are startled by the sound of wings flapping overhead. They turn towards the bushes to find the gargoyle is now gone.

"He has awoken!" The second man turns to run away but finds out the gargoyle is behind him,

The gargoyle stabs him in the stomach with the sword before pulling it out and slashing the man across the chest several times.

The first man watches in horror as his friend falls to the ground.

As gargoyle turns to him he shows that he is a witch by summoning fire in each hand as she combines them into a fireball that he throws at the gargoyle. "Ignarious. Ignarious!"

The gargoyle simply walks through the fire unharmed.

The man drops to his knees pleading with the gargoyle. "Mercy! I beg you! Mercy!"

Ignoring his pleas the gargoyle raises his sword killing the man in one blow before roaring at the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alaric sits at his desk staring at the knife and a large book. He turns the page to find a detailed sketch of the knife surrounded by small words. He sighs as he identifies the language. "Gaulish. Why does it always have to be Gaulish?"

Alaric turns his head as the branches of the bushes under his office's window begin to rustle. He pauses for a moment trying to find the source of the noise before going back to his work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexie opens her eyes as sunlight streams through the windows of the room. She looks around confused for a moment realizing she's not in her own room.

Lizzie stands by the mirror brushing her hair as Josie checks to make sure she has the books she needs for the day.

Lexie yawns before looking at the nearby clock. In an instant a blur flies through the room, it skids to a stop near Josie's dresser. "What the hell guys. Why did no one wake me up!" She opens one of the drawers taking out some clothes she had stored.