Chapter Eight Part One: Maybe I Should Start from the End

8 pm, December 25th 2021, Harlow Home

Six year old Alexandria Harlow sat on her bed twirling a necklace in between her fingers, out of all of her Christmas presents this year the necklace was her favorite. It came from one of her favorite people ever. Opening the necklace she stared at the picture of her and her Aunt Caroline. She smiled before closing it, standing up, she ran down the stairs. "Mommy! Can you help me?" She held the necklace up to her mother. "Auntie Care got it for me."

"How sweet of her." Charlotte took the necklace from her daughter. "Turn around."

Lexie turned around as her mother brushed her hair back before clasping the necklace around her neck.

"Sweetie I-" she turned her daughter so they were facing each other. "About your aunt-"

"Is she coming over?" Lexie looked towards the door grinning. "What about the twins? Can I see them?"

"No sweetheart- Aunt Care-"

"Charlotte." Lexie's father walked in frowning. "What are you telling her."

Charlotte looked down. "Nothing, I just thought she should know about Caroline-."

Peter glared at her. "Charlotte we talked about this,
this is something I need to talk to her about. I don't need you spreading your lies to our daughter." He held his hand out. "Alexandria come here, we need to talk."

Lexie looked between her parents, she could feel the tension in the room, walking to her father she grabbed his hand. "Did something happen to Aunt Care? Is she okay?"

Peter sighed. "Lets just go to your room." He led her from the room taking one last look at Charlotte.

"Is there a reason why she didn't come today? She promised me that she would bring Jo and Liz over, we always spend Christmas together." Lexie asked as he led her up the stairs and into her room.

Her father sat her on the bed. "Alexandria- your aunt is gone."

"What?" What do you mean?" Lexie grabbed her necklace clutching it close to her chest. "Why is she gone? Where did she go?"

"She doesn't want to see you anymore." Peter shrugged.

"She doesn't want to see me anymore?" The young girl repeated. "But she said that-"

Peter cut her off, "Alexandria your aunt has made her choice, she doesn't want to see you or for you to see the twins. End of story, I don't want to hear anymore talk about it, do you understand me."

Lexie nodded, holding back tears. "Okay daddy." She watched as her father left through the door, as soon as he was gone the tears started to fall, she was all alone again.

1:08 PM; March 16th, 2032, Salvatore Boarding School

Rebekah pulled up to the familiar building that was now a school instead of the dreadful Salvatore brother's house. She shook the young girl beside her. "We're here."