His hand was warm that night.

*°*°Tanaka's POV*°*°

"You can go out now."

Hinata runs out the door, and leaves without any trace of him. Everyone doesn't really react to it though. Their used to seeing Hinata being excited. Especially when everyone stays in for late night practice. Though Hinata lives enjoying long hours just playing with the ball, he is the first one out the door.

No one knows where he goes, how Hinata can zoom out the door at such a fast speed, or why he goes. All we know is that he looks at 'stars' and wants to be left alone during that time, when he runs off to his own devices. Which doesn't even piss me off. It kind of makes me calmer knowing he can have time to just be alone when necessary. Everyone needs it. But some people need it more than others. Hinata is one of those people.

Hinata eventually runs off and escapes the school's grounds, leaving the rest of the team behind. Suga pulls out money to give to Daichi. "The meat bun things, it's your turn to give the money to Coach Ukai," he says, the money waving in his hand. Daichi nods and puts it in his pocket. Swinging his backpack to his shoulder, he signals everyone out of the lockeroom.

As we all walk down the road to the local store, Kageyama taps my shoulder and pulls me to a dark corner while everyone else gets inside the brightly lit building. He pins me awkwardly to the wall, and looks at me dead in the eye. "It's your turn to tell me," Kageyama says, gripping unto the brick wall. "Tell me where Hinata goes when he leaves first."

I just shake me head and get out of Kageyama's grasp, ducking under his arms to be free from him pinpointing me, and I look at him back with a small smile. "No one knows. And you shouldn't want to know anyway. He doesn't need you to go into his personal business. It isn't right."

Kageyama clicks his tongue, and turns around. "Forget it. I'll do it later."

"Just....not now. Please Kageyama," I respond, tugging on his shirt. "You don't know where he is, and why, just leave him. For everyone's sake," getting the hem of Kageyama's jacket and pulling harder. He rolls his eyes and gets out of my tight grasp. Running off, I look worryingly at the group of teammates also staring back at me.

"Oh no."

*°*Kageyama's POV*°*°

When I was younger, all I could really think about was why people fell in love. Why people would risk their lives, their things, their own family and friends on a single person. Giving your whole life to another person for no reason what so ever.

I thought I was glad by myself.

Until I met Hinata.

I couldn't get him out of my mind. Seeing him cry on the steps of the gym, the gym of his first and last official volleyball match in middle school was engraved to my mind and made into a long term memory. Even after months after gettng ready for exams, doing the exams, failing at getting to the school I wanted and practicing for highschool, I somehow managed to remember that shrimp's name, his smiling face, his big orange eyes, his poofy hair that goes with him anywhere he goes, and especially his jump when he spiked. Like I could forget that.

I couldn't wait to face him as an opponent in highschool.

But instead I am playing alongside him, setting the volleyball for him, seeing his superhuman jump that blows the crowd away, the sweat that was rolling down his forehead slipping from his face and hitting the floor, and his smile after a successful point that he made.

I get to keep it all.

I get to see that every single day of my life until I graduate from highschool.