tattoos and more (2)

sooshu prepares themselves for a date.

[...]

unlike shuhua, soojin wasn't an avid fan of aquatic animals.

sure did her kindergarten school conducted a field trip to fish farm houses. but when she arrived at the farm house, her attention mostly absorbed by pet dogs the owner of the farm house adopted.

contradicting soojin's lack of interest, shuhua on the other hand had a weird obsession with drain fishes.

yeah, those you catch in the sewage during the late 90's. a tradition barely anyone still practices.

shuhua was always aquaphobic though. contrasting her engrossment in fishes.

it all started when her uncle brought her to a nearby sewage a few hours before a family-friendly party started.

he brought a net and a container half filled with tap water, half filled with sewage water he collected.

then, he showed six year old shuhua the small fishes he caught as the girl stood beside him. the passion of catching fishes was soon engraved into shuhua.

"you're dressing up." yuqi pointed out.

"and?"

not saying shuhua has a bad sense of style, but her outfits always revolved around oversized sweaters. those that when you see her from afar, you'd think she's an old lady. or which yuqi refers to as- ah ma fashion. (ah ma means grandmother in chinese in some parts of the world where mandarin is spoken.)

"you normally don't."

receiving no response, the chinese walks towards the other girl, whiffing the subtle cologne smell surrounding the girl. "a date."

"definitely a date." her suspicions were confirmed when the taiwanese acted in a defense; flicking her middle finger.

"road of redemption, i see." mocked yuqi.

it's been almost a year since shuhua went on a date. the last one ending up as a disaster as shuhua caught her date making out with another guy in the toilet. leaving shuhua flabbergasted after piecing all the puzzles then understanding that she was all an experiment.

"oh will you shut up now."

with a scoff, yuqi left the room. not before adding a small good luck as she left.

shuhua sneered.

luck? who needs that in the 20th century? it's more about fate. the girl thought to herself.

...

soojin was freaking out. ready to pull her hair out, like the end of the world, freaking out.

"chill out. she's not gonna eat you up." miyeon jested.

"it's not just a date for her, she's been pining over miss taiwan for so long already." the shorter voiced.

"okay stop! she's reaching in fifteen minutes and i have no idea what to wear. unnie come help me pick out my outfit!" soojin shouted across the hall from her room.

sure did soojin had fantasized shuhua asking her out for the past months but she never thought it would actually happen now and she has no idea on what to do.

oh and frankly speaking, she had already chose her outfit for the day a week ago. but as everyday passes, a new idea pops up, pushing the outfit she matched the previous day back into her closet. "just choose the one you picked the day after she asked you out, my god." soyeon scorned

"no, that shirt looks ugly on me." soojin refused the shirt that was pushed into her arms.

then miyeon entered.

"you know that one dress we bought in vietnam? that looked great on you."

"oh my god! where's that dress." soojin frantically searched for it, dumping the shirts she was holding onto the floor. "i swear it was here the last time- oh! there it is."

...

there was soojin wearing a dark blue chiffon dress that exposed her delicate collarbone with a jewel bracelet and there was shuhua wearing a shirt topped with an unbuttoned flannel and a few hair tie on her wrist though shuhua's arms were behind her back; they both looking flawless.

shuhua's doe-like eyes boring into soojin's soul, making soojin shift awkwardly underneath her. soojin swears she could gaze into those eyes forever.

"hey..." there was an awkward pause while shuhua tried to find her words.

"you look g-gorgeous in that dress." the younger complimented as the taller women ran her gaze across the lawn trying to look for something to focus on besides shuhua.

"t-thanks the flannel matches your pants too." finally averting her gaze back to shuhua.

"yeah, my friend said only i can pull it off, you know."

with that, the both of them broke into streaks of laughter accompanied by a few slaps to the arm by soojin.

"wow, ive never met someone who's confidence was as high as yours."

you should meet my best friend then. was initially what shuhua wanted to voice out but scuffles of feet were heard thumping against the wooden floor.

"don't mind them, they're my friends."

"oh cool. shall we leave?"

"we shall."

"are those for me?" soojin let out a light laugh immediately after shuhua turned her back.

"oh gosh! yeah it is. ive completely forgotten about it while being struck by you. sorry." shuhua fiercely turned around and blurted out a little too soon as her cheeks tinted pink.

"you're giving me flowers?" soojin fixed shuhua into a leveled stare.

soojin wondered where did all the courage came from. probably because she was comfortable when shuhua's around.

"that's cute." the taller women removed her hand from shuhua's chin and carried the bouquet of dahlias in her arms as if carrying a baby.

...

this chapter was supposed to be soojin exploring shuhua's soft side and i was about to write the whole date journey, but i was too lazy and hence the open ending 👍🏼

okay i chose dahlias not because it was their sing but i read somewhere that dahlias means love at first sight in thai symbolism. i thought it fit their characters because soojin and shuhua wasn't exactly close, yet they were still awe struck by each other 😁 hope u guys liked this! after a sunny day, what comes? yes, sun-shower.

also, it kinda sucks that wattpad doesn't allow emojis to be used in the notice board thingy... i literally can't express myself well and i thought it'd be weird if i used emoticons to express myself 😐