2. Almost Boyfriend

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This chapter's shout out: -AlyaMarie- !!! Thank you for reading and commenting <3 Your support means a lot!

If you want to support me, please check the link in my bio 🖤
(if you can't/don't want to, no problem! Thank you for reading!)

If you want to support me, please check the link in my bio 🖤(if you can't/don't want to, no problem! Thank you for reading!)

Collin opened the wardrobe, picking two jackets from the hangers. He turned around to face Mark, who was on his bed scrolling through his phone, and May, sat at his desk, doing some homework due the following Monday and that Collin planned on leaving for Sunday night. He held up the burnt-orange corduroy and blue denim jackets.

"Which one?"

May shifted her attention, turning the swivel chair to face him, and studied the options.

"Hm..." she pondered. "The orange one. It's more of a statement piece."

"Or," Mark dragged out the word, flashing him a lopsided grin, "no jacket. Less to take off."

"As good as that sounds, we're just going out for dinner."

"The restaurant has a bathroom."

"First of all, ew," May wrinkled her nose at Mark, who offered a smug shrug of the shoulders in return. Ignoring him, she continued, "Secondly, as if Adam would sleep with him."

Collin turned to May, crossing his arms as best he could while holding the hangers. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't mean it that way," she said. "It's just... Have you guys even kissed?" She raised her hand, stopping him before he could talk. "That time he kissed you out of excitement doesn't count."

Collin's lips moved in silence for a moment, although he knew very well they had not. May accepted his silence as an answer, nodding.

"Exactly. And when you go out, does he ever call them dates?"

"Well, no." Collin said, busying himself by putting the denim jacket back in the closet, "But I call them that and he never denied it."

"Does he change the topic, instead?"

"I don't like this conversation."

"Yeah, May, what the hell?" Mark joined in, sitting on the bed. "Are you saying Adam is not interested?"

"Of course I'm not, he's clearly interested."

"Then what's up with the interrogation?" Collin asked.

"I just don't know if I trust the guy," May said. "You've been pretty clear that you're interested, you two spent the whole summer together, you go out all of the time, he spoils you..."