• chapter 2 •

Monday

Today is going to be a busy day. Even though you just moved in last weekend, that was not going to stop you from grinding. You had money to make and no time to waste. Today you had three photoshoots planned. Two maternity and one couple shoot.

You finally had you apartment looking exactly how you wanted it to. Your parents came to visit you yesterday for the first time. They were so happy and proud of you for being able to make it look stunny. They just made jokes about you being able to keep it clean.

Getting ready for the work day meant making sure all camera batteries were charged and your bags were packed. You hated feeling rushed when you knew you back to back shoots in one day, so you made sure to wake up extra early. The sun was shining and you were feeling extra motivated to go hard and make the best of if today.

Backpack on your back and camera bag slung over your shoulder, you stepped out of your apartment and closed the door behind you. After locking up your apartment, you headed towards the elevator.

You pressed the button and patiently waited. You checked your phone and saw one new text from your boyfriend.

Tristan😊❤️
    Good morning baby😊

You typed up a response before you heard the elevator button ding.

You:
Good morning beb😊 how'd you sleep?

The doors opened and to your surprise, Melo was standing alone in the elevator. This was the first time you have seen him since your move-in day.

"Hey," you smiled at him.

"Hey camera girl," he smiled warmly, "how you doin'?"

You noticed that the parking level button was already pressed.

"I'm good, about to start my workday. Busy day for me," you sigh. "But I'm excited."

"Whatchu got going on?" He asked you, body now facing you directly as he swung his water bottle with his fingertips on the cap.

Today he had on a similar fit to the one he had on the first time you saw him. Black sweatpants and a blue hoodie this time.

"Well, 3 different photoshoot and my last one in the evening is still iffy. They seem like they might cancel because she's pregnant and has been having a lot of morning sickness and nausea overall, which is pretty understandable," you shrug.

"Oh so like a fraternity shoot?" He asked and you giggle.

"Maternity, actually. What about you?" You ask. The elevator dinging once more before it  stopped as it reached the parking garage.

"Just going to hoop," he states.

"This early?" You ask.

"Grind don't stop," he shrugged, while gesturing you to exit the elevator first.

"Thank you," you say while scurrying out trying to keep you camera bag from falling off your shoulder.

"You should take my pictures sometime," he said finally, both of you stopping to look at each other before going your separate ways. You look in his eyes now, not being able to tell if his tone was serious or not.

"Well, if I get a cancellation this afternoon, the spot is yours," you laugh.

"Seriously?" He asked.

You nodded.

"I'll get back to you," he smiles. "What's your number?"

You pulled out your phone from you back pocket.