• chapter 4 •

Sunday Night • September 9th 2019.

  You lied in your bed staring up at the ceiling with tear-stained cheeks. You could not sleep. The time was ticking by and you know you needed to get some rest. You had one shoot tomorrow that you needed to be in good shape for. You tried shaking the words that Tristan said to you on the phone but his responses and tone in his voice would not stop repeating in your brain.

You flipped over and looked out your bedroom window and the twinkling lights of the city calmed your heart down. Your phone buzzed, in hopes it was possibly Tristan, you quickly picked it up.

1:15 a.m.

Melo 🕺🏾🛸💯 : hey my fault I know it's super late but hope you made it to your apartment okay and hope you figured things out with your mans.

You rubbed your eyes and felt the sniffles coming on. Unsure if you should be upset that it was not Tristan who texted you or upset it was Melo over Tristan asking to see if you made it home safe.

You: Oh it's fine I can't sleep anyway... yes I did. But it's okay you don't have to apologize. Totally not your fault.

Melo 🕺🏾🛸💯: I know but I still feel bad. I hope you can get some sleep. Sorry for texting you this late.

You find yourself grinning at how over-apologetic he is.

You: it's okay Melo lol thank you for checking in on me I really appreciate it 😊

Melo 🕺🏾🛸💯: of course camera girl. Get some sleep tho!!🕺🏾

You hearted his message. Eyelids heavy, you buried yourself in your blankets and finally drifted into sleep.

Monday, September 9th 2019

You were abruptly woken up by a loud knock on the door.

Unsure if it was apart of your dream at first, your eyes fluttered open and you looked at the clock.

(6:40am)

You were trying to get up early, but not this early. Especially after having a late night last night. You slowly rolled out of bed, feeling groggy as ever, walking over to the door. You looked through the peep hole and saw your boyfriend standing there. Confused and still very frustrated with him, you stand there for a moment deciding if you really wanted to open the door for him. Only for him to knock hard once more.

"Alright, alright," you say to yourself before opening the door.

Tristan stood there with flowers in his arm and scanned your body before making eye contact with you.

"Um, hi," you mumble, feeling the urge to cover your body as you only wore two piece set and the breeze from the hallway was settling in.

"I figured you were sleeping I did not want to barge in," he explains.

"I mean yeah I was and you still woke me up anyway," you say rolling your eyes. You motion him to come in.

"Look, about last night..." he started.

"I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet, please give me a second." You state, eyes clearly tired. You were in disbelief with how he thought he would just bring in flowers and think things would be fine.

"Then I'll do the talking... I just wanted to say I'm sorry for freaking out last night. That's my fault," he stated.

You spin around and place your hands on your hips, finally looking him in the eyes.