• chapter 11 •

A/N: a couple things...

• This is a fanfic so let's pretend Miles doesn't have kids lmaooo

• Some things I kinda follow with real life some I don't, trying to say that's without  giving spoilers Lmaoo yk how it go it's a fic.

• Songs I chose that are 'playing in the background were top songs in 2019ish that I felt kinda fit the vibe so there you go

•as for the outfit she has on tonight – I really couldn't decide what I would picture reader wearing. Nothing super fancy but maybe like a neutral-colored two-piece dress kind of thing? Idk let your imagination run wild with it😂💕

•y'all wanted to know what was going to happen so bad and I love that, but I can't giveaway too much then it's not fun for y'all to read if you know what's going to happen 😂 enjoy💕 tell me all the feels, I love reading the comments!🤣💕

•••

November 23rd 2019

After Melo basically dragged you out of bed to go to breakfast with him, you sat at the table looking at the food you ordered, unsure if you should take a bite or lay your head down to take a quick nap on the table.

"Melo this looks so good, but I'm so tired," you laughed. By the time you had gotten to bed last night, it was 3a.m.

It's 7a.m. now.

"Shit Ion' even be eating this early, I just wanted to do something for your birthday before tonight... then we can do something special, like tomorrow? Are you free?"

  "You don't either?" You laughed happy nonetheless that he at least wanted to spend time with you. "But yes of course I am."

"Well, we're gonna do something," he stated, unintentionally slamming the table with his hand a little too hard. Two old people to the left of you looked at you sideways.

You looked at Melo and chuckled.

"You know this their prime time. They're probably wondering what us young folk are doing up at this hour," you mumbled.

"Rise and grind, bitch. It's game day," he mumbled, taking a bite out of his pancakes.

You giggled in response, shaking your head.

"Now Melo, what if they heard

you say that?" You whispered.

He shrugged. "What they gon' do? Hit me upside the head with their cane?"

As if he could not get more reckless with what he was saying, he also did not know how to keep his volume low either. You put your hand on his lips to quiet him.

"Shhh," you playfully hushed him, even though his out of pocket comments were making you laugh.

He took your hand off his mouth and took the opportunity to gently plant a kiss on top of your hand before releasing it. You blushed in response and struggled to make eye contact with him as he proudly smiled at what he did.

You chatted about how he felt about the game tonight. You did not have that much time together this morning so the two of you attempted to eat what you could, both tired, Melo dropped you off and headed for his shoot-around practice.

You took a nap first and edited photos for your entire afternoon. You showered and had dinner as you waited for Jordyn to come over to start getting ready.