Passing

"Excited? Scared? Im sure you are scared right?" Jasmine grabs Alexander's hand as they lined up in the village plaza to be tested if they have Spiritual Energy.
Last year Alexander should be tested but he is having a high fever and the team doesnt allow him to participate. 
Alexander let his sister holds his hand. 
It's obvious that Jasmine is nervous so he just looks forward.

"Alexander, If I don't have Spiritual Energy and it's just a mistake what happened before…"
Jasmine trembles.

"Then you don't have it. Why are you getting too serious? Even nobles doesnt guarantee their children will have Spiritual Energy. Why do you think so deeply?"

Jasmine bites her lower lip.
"But if I have Spiritual Energy...I can be more useful."

Alexander sighs.
"Useful, more useful, most useful, what kind of adjective do you want? We are not tools. If doesn't having a Spiritual Energy is the basis od being useful then If I don't have one are you saying I'll be less useful too?"

Jasmine pouts.
"Nonsense!"

"Then shut up. You are irritating."
Alexander rolls his eyes.
"You cook everyday even when Brother Austin is not at home. If you are useless then that's it. I'm scared to be useful, it sounds tiring!"

Jasmine chuckles.
"Thank you Alex."

Alexander smirks.
"As the oldest male son in the family, I can give moral support when needed."

"There you go with your oldest male again! Still Brother Austin is the oldest son!"

"Even Brother Austin don't deny my claim as you do! If you want it then you have it."
He pouts.

"I'm saying this so the other kids won't follow you. If they start calling you eldest brother, are you going to take responsibility if brother Austin get sad?"

"Akkk!" Alexander imagine their brother Austin's sad face and it bring more shudder than pity. "The other knows Brother Austin is the oldest brother. Can't I just claim a title for myself?"

"So immature!" Jasmine pinches his side.

"Says the one crying because they don't have Spiritual energy."

"That's different!"

"You two! Why are you so noisy!" Chloe angrily shouted. She is just behind Jasmine.

"Why are you here Chloe? You got tested last year right?" Jasmine asks.

Chloe rolls her eyes.
"Because Eldest Aunt heard Jasmine got a late awakening then the Eldest Aunt sent all of us who are of age to be tested again too."

Alexander sneers.
"She really thinks everything in the world revolves around her."

"I promise to help Mom wash the clothes today. If I can, I really want to have a late awakening too. Maybe I can get it big in the capital then bring my family away from the main family."
Chloe shakes her head.

"Shh.." Jasmine grabs her hand.
"The others are here too. Don't say it too loudly."

Chloe looks around and feels relieved seeing her other cousins far away.
"Don't mind me. I heard you were being cared for by Alexander. Aren't you so sweet?" Chloe teased.

Alexander rolls his eyes and turns around to avoid them.

"He is not sweet. He is just irritating as always."
Jasmine rolls her eyes too.

"Haha. You siblings, when you are alone you are as quiet as a thief but when you have even one sibling with you, you are too loud and noisy."

Jasmine blinks.
"We are not like that."

Chloe grins.
"I grew up with you guys. I know what I know." 

Jasmine rolls her eyes.
"Nonsense!"

***

Jasmine's hand sweats when she places her hand on top of the analyzer machine. This is the second time for her.
She doesn't feel nervous after Alex comforts her in his own way but now she is once again nervous.

"Don't worry and just squeeze the analyzer machine as strong as you can."
The man said.

Jasmine tries her best to squeeze the analyzer machine in her hand and it breaks.

Alex is being tested next to her by another organiser and they turn around to see Jasmine destroying the tester.

Jasmine tears up and looks at Alex.
"Wh-what sh-should I do? I can't pay for t-this…"

Alexander frowns.
"Don't cry. It's not your fault."

But the machine in her hand crumbles into pieces.
Looking at the evidence in her hand the two siblings were at a loss for the right words.

"It's….fine." Alexander frowns.

***
The organisers panic and they guide Jasmine somewhere. Alexander wants to follow but the man stops him.

"You have to complete your test first."

Alex squeezed the machine hard.

"Ah! You pass!" The organiser happily smiles.
"Congratulati--"

"Can I see my sister now!" Alexander asks hurriedly.

"Sure. She is right the--"

"Thank you!"
Alexander runs to the room he pointed.

The organiser scratches his head. 
"Two siblings that can be spiritual Users. What luck!"

The people on the line were also shocked. They all feel envious toward the siblings.

"Sister!" Alexander opens the door to the room.
He sees Jasmine filling up a form.

"Alexander! I passed! And they said they won't make me pay!" Jasmine happily runs to show him the paper.

"Ah. Okay..That's good." Alexander sighs and smiles.

"How about your test?" Jasmine asks.

Alexander blinks.
"I didn't pass?"

Jasmine looks sad.
"Don't worry."

Alexander snorts.
"Who cares? It's fine with me. Hurry and fill it out so we can go home. We will eat something delicious if one of us passes right. That's what Brother Austin said but I'm sure he will cook something good even if no one passed."

"Food! Food! That's all in your mind. Be a bit lonely, you are making me feel like a useless sister. I want to comfort you too."

"Whatever you say." Alexander rolls his eyes.

The organiser enters the room and sees Alexander sitting quietly next to his sister.

"You forgot your admission paper. Fill this out."
The organiser said and put it in front of Alex.

Alex stares at the paper given to him.

Jasmine is also shocked.

"He passed too?" Jasmine asks.

The organiser nods.
"You two are very lucky."

"Ah!" Jasmine karate chop Alex head. "You said you didn't pass!"

Alexander trembles as he looks at the piece of paper.
"I…..I can study too?"

Jasmine is taken aback.

The organiser nods happily.
"Yes you can."

Alexander bows his head and wipes his tears.
He reaches out for the pen and writes on the paper.

Jasmine's eyes reddened too and continued writing.
Slowly Jasmine leans her head on top of Alex's shoulder.