Exam

JAsmine and Alexander went home with a grin.

"I can't believe all three of them will have this fortune." Celestine starts crying inside the bedroom.
Alistrino pats her back.
"Why are you crying? This is a blessing."

Celestine nods.
"I'm just happy."

Alistrino nods.
"Let's go back there. Don't let the children worry."

The noisy dining table filled with laughter is Celestine and Alistrino's happiness. Though there is no fancy food. And the food is not enough to fill everyone to the brim, they still prefer to share and eat together. 

"In the next school year, Austin, Jasmine and Alexander will be attending school. Dustin will be the older brother and help father and mother take care of his younger siblings." Celestine smiles and rubs Dustin's head.

"Okay." Dustin blushes and nods.

"It's not easy to go back home so your sister Jasmine and Brother Alex will be gone for 4 years like your brother Austin. How about you Austin? Will you spend 4 years in college before going home too?" Alistrino asks.

"In the first year of college they will teach us how to use spiritual Energy. If I can be successful in my Channeler's life. I can earn money to go home. But I'm not sure yet. If I can't do it in my first year, I'll go home during my second year vacation."
Austin said.

"Okay. You are wise enough to decide. If you are lucky enough to be in one place, guide your sister and brother too." Alistrino is worried about Jasmine and Alexander. Though they are capable kids they are still immature compared to Austin.

"Of course. I hope they will be going to the 1st Capital Planet. That's where I applied."
Austin said.

"When are we going to find out which school we are going to attend?" Alexander asks.

"2 weeks before the school year began. For this one and half month I'll drill all the basic education that will be helpful to you. Don't think I'll let you two go without perfecting my tutorial." Austin grins.

"Urgh. The nightmarish Austin's lecture!" Alexander whines.

Jasmine on the other hand nods her head.
"I will do my best!"

Alexander looks at Austin and Jasmine and sighs.
"Fine. Count me in."

Dustin looks at them.
"Should I go and study too?"

Austin shakes his head.
"I'll do my best to come home whatever happens if you pass the test next year. But let's not be too hasty."

Dustin smiles.
"Okay."

"I can recite multiplication up to the row of 7!" Joseph grins and says.

"Nice. Proceed to the row of 8 then." Dustin smiles and rubs his head.

"Then if you three will study, I'll do the cooking in the morning." Celestine said with a smile.

"Thanks Mom." Jasmine smiles.

"I will cook the most delicious food for you so you can learn easily!" Celestine happily said.

"Mom, I want chicken!" Joseph said.

"Ah...That….We don't have much money." Celestine shakes her head.

"But Dad bought plenty of chicken." Joseph said.

"They are for the egg and breeding. Once the chicken gets more babies and we have 100 chickens,Mom will cook a chicken soup for Joseph everyday." Celestine said.

"100 chicken. Urgh. Am I still alive when that happens?" Joseph shakes his head.

"Brother will catch a wild rabbit for you." Dustin said. He was good at using a bow and arrow. He already hunted 2 rabbits.

"That's my capable brother!" Alexander claps his hand and praises.
The other follows them. Dustin flushed but he just smiled, not leaving.

***

"Do we really need to study all of these?" Alexander took a look in Austin's neatly filed notes in his first year in high school.

Austin held his tutorial session under the Acacia tree near their house.
They can't study inside the house because the kids are all noisy.

"Of course. Plenty of students attending highschool have gone to elementary school and even have private tutors. We already lost the race from the start."
Austin said,seriously.

"But you said we don't need to be the best in the grade and just maintain the grade needed to pass the college of our choice." Alexander said.

"That's true but can you do it?" Austin asks. "All of these topics in my notes are all common knowledge in the capital. The teachers will only mention it to help the students from small and poor planets like us. But they will soon switch the passive teaching to a more bolder approach after the first phase of the lecture. And before you know it, you will already be at loss." 

"Is it that high level? You always tell us to recite multiplication and exercise division but I feel like I'm not very good at maths."
Jasmine sighs.

"Don't worry about that. I think you are not as bad in your problem solving and calculation." Austin said.

"It's not like I'm complaining. Let's study now. If we can take a peek at second year level notes it will also be fun." Alexander grins.

"Don't be too cocky." Austin taps the notes on Alex's head.

***

"Austin," Quissa with her Seniors : Sandro,Melba and Larry, walks to Austin.

Austin is sitting on the rock and observing his two siblings answering their papers.

It's been a month since they started their lectures.

"Wow. They will soon be entering school together. I remember how excited I am too." Quissa said.

"Yeah." Austin doesn't have any place to learn before going to school. They can't borrow the quantum bracelet of the Patriarch so he can't browse the internet to study. When he came to school he tried his best to study in advance and read in the library and he read a book everyday. 

"Hmm. Let me answer the questionnaire too. I'm bored and want to recall what I learned in school." Melba said.
"Do you have another questionnaire?"

"I have two more." Austin gives one to Melba.

"Can I answer it too?" Sandro asks.

"Sure."

"I'll help you answer." Larry smiles.

Quissa smiles.
"It's more fresh to me than you,seniors. Let me help you, Senior Melba."

Austin smiles.
"If you four are that bored I'll bring you tomorrow to hunt wild rabbits in the mountain plain."

"!!!!" Quissa looks at Austin. "Isn't that dangerous?"

Austin smiles. "We will stay far away. We will just use a bow and arrow. And tie string to the arrow so we can tug the rabbit back to us without problem."
Austin smiles.

"It's not going to be easy." Quissa said.

"Well, It's just to relieve boredom. Also picking red berries after will be relaxing even if we don't get a single rabbit."
Austin said.

"That's true." Quissa nods.

"Are wild rabbits here dangerous?" Larry asks.

"You Capital folks." Alexander shakes his head.
"All wild animals are dangerous."

"They grow with horns or wings and claws depending on the food they eat." Jasmine said.

"But wild animals are tastier than domesticated rabbits." Alexander remembers when Dustin killed one and they all siblings help together to retrieve the rabbit's body without being noticed by the other wild rabbits.

"Oh! Are wild rabbits bigger than the regular ones?" Melba salivates thinking of the big yummy meat.

"Nope. They are the same size." Austin smiles.
"But before you all think of eating them. Fill up your answer sheet first."