𝗜. return of the ronin

THE ANTIDOTE! ·˚
❛ chapter one ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ KIMBERLY CONTINUOUSLY PLAYED WITH the food on her plate as she glanced around at her family, they had been back together for almost two years now and yet things still hadn't gone back to the way they once were

KIMBERLY CONTINUOUSLY PLAYED WITH
the food on her plate as she glanced around at her family, they had been back together for almost two years now and yet things still hadn't gone back to the way they once were.

No matter how hard they tried to pretend they had.

Her father's laughing snapped her out of her thoughts, looking up from her plate once again to see Nathaniel trying to move his eyes in the rhythm of the Maneki-Neko. "You look like a maniac," says Clint as he chuckles again. "You're a total crazy person."

"Is anyone else hungry?" he questioned. "For some more, like, some more crabs or maybe get four more crabs?"

"Yes! I could eat three" Nathaniel yelled, jumping in his seat. Clint smiled at the youngest, turning to Kimberly and nodding. "What do you think?"

Kim instantly shook her head, already knowing she couldn't stomach any more food than she's already eaten. Cooper nodded in agreement. "Come on dad, you ordered food for thirty people."

"You're gonna puke if you have any more," Lila scolded Nate, "And if he pukes, one of you three are cleaning it up."

"I'm not cleaning it up," Cooper shook his head. Kimberly followed his actions. "Yeah, no. Me neither."

"Hey, you know what?" Clint speaks up. "You know what's right down the street?" he questions. "The Christmas tree. The biggest one you'll ever see in your life. It's enormous! You guys want to see that after this?"

"Yeah!" Nathaniel yelled.

"Yeah? Let's go!" said Clint when suddenly his phone started buzzing. "Oh, wait, wait, wait. Momma callin'. Momma's calling. Say "Hi!"

"Hey, guys! How are ya?" Laura Barton replied as her children all began talking. "I miss you so much!"

"We miss you, too," Clint says with a smile.

"How was the show?" questioned Laura.

The group of five all went quiet for a moment, and Kimberly went back to playing with her chopsticks. "It was, uh⎯ It's over. It was big."

"We left halfway through," Nathaniel says, taking a drink from his water. Kimberly smirks as Clint replied. "There you go,"

Laura's laughed came through the phone. "Oh, no. Well, you guys all good?"