Chapter Six.

Anne's POV
It seems all so surreal to me, me finally being in Peter's arms now. He was thinner than before, I could feel that when I had my arms wrapped around him. I put my head on his chest, scared to face him. What if I look different to Peter? What if he doesn't like the way I look now? What if he decides that whatever he was going to say the day we were thrown into captivity doesn't apply anymore? I always wonder how this day would play out. Would Peter and I finally become a couple? Somehow I can't can't even imagine that. Peter and I?
"Anne please tell me that this isn't just a cruel dream?" Peter whispers, kissing my head and stroking my hair. Well, whatever is left of my hair. This hadn't been a cruel dream, it was reality. A reality that felt so fake, so unrealistic, but all at the same time .. so unique. A regular hug became so unique all because it was from Peter. I know my feelings for him. I know I love him just by this hug.
"This isn't a cruel dream Peter, it's real." I look up at him as his eyes are focused on me.
"I'm going to kiss you now okay?" Peter lifts my chin.
I nodded my head as he plants a kiss on my lips short ,sweet and worth all the wait. Peter pulls away with a smile staring down at me I can't help but feel a little bit insecure about my appearance. I have little hair, hospital clothes, and worn down shoes. I'm sure that once I get back to what I guess I should call home, I won't be able to fit a thing. I'll have to start all over in the wardrobe department which I do think Mrs. Van Daan would be able to stand.
But where even is home for us? I had grown accustomed to the Annex, to Peter. It seems unimaginable to live at home now. My actual home.
It dawns on me quickly. Peter promised, well, almost promised, me something when we were leaving. I did want to know what it was.
"Peter?" I ask we were still standing, hugging.
"Mmhhmm?" Peter replies still rubbing my head.
"Remember when we were leaving?" I paused, glancing at the floor, suddenly nervous as if he wouldn't tell me what it was. ''What was the promise?'' I asked waiting silently for his reply. Maybe he's forgotten about it? I couldn't blame him, it's been a long time, almost a year!

Peter's POV

''The promise?'' I ask, almost acting innocent. ''Oh, right. Ms. Frank, would you like to go out on a real date with me?'' I speak louder and more confidently than I thought I would've.
"Really Peter, oh really? A date with me?"Anne asked excitement showing all in her brown eyes.
"Yes." I say I'm doubtful that I could actually do that. Take Anne on a date we have little to no money and I'm unsure if I can afford that right now. But I'll make it happen for Anne I waited so long for this. ''And nothing like our dates in this place. No just sitting on our beds talking. Although, talking can happen.'' I say, slightly nervous now.
"As for Pim.. Peter is he still alive? It would be dreadful if he did ... I don't think I could take it Peter-" I cut her off by guiding her to the door. Anne was known for her endless rambling when worried. Leading her out of the attic she squeals at the sight in front of her. Her feet are nailed the to floor and she stands there like a wooden board hands on face. Mr. Frank scoops her up into a hug similar to mine, but different in some ways. As for me I stand here smirk on my face. I wouldn't trade Mr. Frank for my own parents, as strange as that sounds. Anne need this her parent. I'm older I've had the disagreements, battles, and loving comfort from mine already. As for them being able to do that for many more years it would have been nice but Anne needs this more.
"Anne what's wrong?'' Mr. Frank asked Anne they where still hugging and I see tears slipping down her face. Had I been thinking so long that I gave her the opportunity to cry?
"I was so lost and lonely there Pim ....So lost." She cries out in his arms. Mr. Frank looks at me while consoling this weak and upset Anne.