¶Time's essence¶

October 26th

Ace

Ace woke up feeling oddly energetic; it had nothing to do with his good performance yesterday, but everything to do with his memories.

They could no longer be called dreams, because the events really took place and now he was sure of his role in this house. He needed to speak to his assistant, the acting House head.

He quickly put on his work-out clothes along with his crocks, and made his way to the door beside the game room. He pushed the red button, and stood still as the security system asked for his name and proceeded to scan his eyes. After a few seconds, the button turned green and he entered the office.

Mr. Han looked up from the laptop on his desk and looked him over. "It's not yet time for your Q&A session, so why are you here?"

He was curt. "I remember everything now, Tihan."

The co-organizer relaxed in his chair and drew out a breath. He motioned for Ace to sit down in the identical chair opposite him, while he clicked on a few buttons in his laptop.

He turned it to Ace. "I'm happy you're back, Ace. It's been difficult trying to run things on my own. The Queen is getting agitated, and you know how unhelpful she can be at times like these. We have less than five days to get out of here before the plan falls apart. He won't be asleep for much longer."

Ace cocked a brow at the timer counting down on the screen. "That's more than two weeks in our country, Tihan. We'll get there in time, I'm sure of it. My calculations never fail me. Besides, don't judge the Queen like that; the walls have ears, you know." He warned the man, who was busying his hands by stirring a cup of coffee.

He nodded and pushed the cup to Ace's front. "I know, but it gets frustrating. However, I do hope you're right Sir."

"Enough with the 'sir', Tihan." Ace complained, "You've been with me for the most part of twenty years, as my friend. So cut it out."

Tihan laughed and gestured at him. "You should see your face right now. It's just to draw out a comment, and it works everytime." He stopped and clicked on another button on the laptop.

"Moria called to check on you. She seems to miss you."

Ace held up a hand. "I don't want to hear that name. She's dead to me."

Tihan nodded and moved to a safer topic of making a few adjustments to the final games. They did that while catching up on past events, and after a while Ace headed out of the office moving downstairs for a workout session.

As he walked across the dim hallway, he ran a calloused finger across the brass figurine on the wall feeling a quick jolt run through him. Now that he recognized the house, it seemed to come alive at his touch sparking up more memories of him building and designing it.

Ace knew his trip to Earth would alter with his brain nerves causing a temporary shutdown, and eventual loss of his memories so he designed something else. A replica of his twenty-one year old memories within the house, along with a timer to release at the right moment.

He had never been sure of the right moment, so he left it up to his Crystal House which seemed to think the moment was now, or well, two days ago (according to Earth's calendar).

Ace ran his hands through his hair, unsure of his emotions. If things had gone according to plan, he would be the one sitting in the office and making the rules while Tihan played the games. But the accident just proved the prophecy right; no matter how much they hated him, he was born for this and had to fulfill his part.