¶Up ahead¶

Femi

"What is Meissa's gem?" Femi heard Mareike ask, everyone looking on as Mr. Han sat down on a decorated chair muttering softly to himself.

"Was that supposed to be a prophecy?" Femi enquired, sitting down as well. His voices had mentioned some things about gems and crystals, but not anything like what Ingrid said.

"Why are you silent Mr. Han? Answer us or bring her back so she can explain herself."

As the housemates plundered Mr. Han with questions, a voice started in Femi's head drowning out the rising noise in the house. "Time here. Awaiting all. Come for strength and more powers." He tapped his head and shook it, pushing the voice to a small corner of his mind as he refocused on the scene before him.

The other housemates were still hanging around the garden mostly in pairs, silently staring as Mr. Han rapidly typed away on his laptop. When Eryk moved forward to meet him, he held up a frail hand and continued with his typing. After a few minutes of silence, Femi walked up to the man and hit a palm on the plastic table around the decorated chairs.

Mr. Han looked up in alarm, and began to hold up a hand when Femi shook his head swiftly. He looked between the man and the laptop, recognizing the device for what it was: a distraction. The man was purposely stalling to buy himself time. But for what?

"Since getting into this house, a lot has changed for me. I find myself with abilities I had no idea of before, getting strange dreams that don't make sense and from everyone's face, it's been happening to them too." Femi said, looking at the housemates through side eyes. A sigh of relief escaped his lips when he saw most of them nodding in agreement.

"I want to know what's happening to me, and I'm sure you have the answers. So I would like an explanation from you."

"Okay, fine. But where do I start? You're all asking multiple questions at once." Mr. Han grumbled, motioning between them and the empty seats next to him.

Femi moved to sit beside the man, eager to receive a response. If he encountered a stroke of luck, maybe he could ask the man how to get rid of the voices. Privately, of course.

"Ingrid said a small part of the prophecy regarding your return. The gem of Meissa must have shown itself through her. Like I said, it's time for us to go home." He explained briskly, regarding the housemates in silence.

"If by home, you mean Germany then I am ready." Mareike chipped in.

"Your real home is Meissa. That's where you're really from." Mr. Han corrected, drumming his fingers in the table impatiently.

"Excuse me, Sir but I don't–" Femi began, but stopped when the man pushed his chair across the garden floor and stood up.

"Don't call me Sir. We're practically agemates." He cut in, putting a hand on his hips.

"What do you mean? You're a lot older than I am, maybe fifty-five or sixty."

"Am I?" Mr. Han asked, giving him a smirk that looked out of place on the wrinkles around his eyes and mouth.
Femi raised an eyebrow and looked away, only to hear a gasp from Priya beside him.

He looked back at the man and stared on in shock, as the man's facial features changed before them. "What in heaven's name–"

His hair had turned jet black, with springly curls at the tip falling to his forehead. His ears looked smaller, now sporting earrings on both of them. The wrinkles on his face had smoothened, leaving behind a smooth, chiselled face that broke out into an impish grin.

"Hello! My name is Tihan." He responded, extending a hand too firm towards them.

Eryk