¶After¶

Chiara

When Mr. Han announced the game's results, Chiara heaved a sigh and subtly made a cross sign on her chest. Her score was enough to take her to the next games, as her three point escape fortunately put her at seventh place ahead of someone not as lucky.

Ingrid.

While the house moderator read out the plans for her departure, she stood in front of them unmoving and silent. Her head was bent with arms clasped together in front, making it impossible for the housemates to know if she was crying, listening or meditating.

Chiara smiled softly. The girl tried, on several occasions, to convince her about standing meditation. A form of yoga she preferred because it helped her focus and adapt to her surroundings.

It appeared to be helping her now as she nodded after Mr. Han's perfected speech and smiled at the housemates' direction before moving towards her room to pack up.

He proceeded to dismiss them and she turned to the girl beside her, who had been quiet since the games ended.

"Come on, let's go help Ingrid pack." She said, standing up and offering her hand.

Priya turned to her with a shocked expression. "Help her pack? No, I won't pretend to like her because she's leaving." She ignored the outstretched hand and stood up, walking out of the game room.

"What do you mean? She's my friend and yours too. Well, sort of." Chiara followed her until they reached Priya's room.

"No, she's not. Not after I found out she intentionally started the fight between you and Mareike." She said, sitting on her bed and patting the space next to her.

Chiara frowned, "How? That's impossible."

"No it's not. She said it herself when we were playing the game."

She sat down and listened as Priya recounted the conversation between the both of them.

"Something is strange about her, Chiara. I still can't understand how she knew about your issues, and what effect it would have on you and Mareike."

Chiara flared up. "But why would she do that? What's the point?" She stood up and moved towards the door. "I have to ask her before she leaves."

"Is there any point of doing that? She's already leaving."

"She made me ruin a wonderful friendship, Priya. I need to know why."

"Okay, let's go."

They moved on to knock at the open door directly opposite Priya's and first saw Mareike huddled up on her bed, immersed in a book while Ingrid packed silently. Chiara stood by the door and stared at her, until their eyes met.

"Hi." She waved, offering a small smile but Mareike shook her head and left the room, ignoring all three of them.

"I need to ask you something." She turned to the second girl, addressing the girl with fresh resentment bubbling up.

She sat down and zipped her box. "Really? I thought you'd be helping me pack."

A smile was plastered on her face till Chiara entered the room properly with Priya behind. She looked between them, recognition quickly dawning. "What now?"

Chiara glared at her, going straight for the kill. "Why did you cause a fight between I and Mareike?"

Ingrid pressed her lips into a thin line. "Seriously? This again? Aren't you satisfied that you defeated me in the game, or do you want to beat me physically as well?"