CHAPTER-16

Deanna awoke the next morning to find Carly still asleep. She giggled softly, realizing that the smaller girl had snaked her arms up the sleeves of Deanna's hoodie to keep her hands warm. The events of the night before played in her head like a movie scene and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face.

"Carly," she whispered, nudging the smaller girl softly. "Carly, I have to get up," she giggled, looking over at the clock and remembering she had class that morning.

"Hmmm," the smaller girl hummed, fluttering her eyes open and smiling widely the moment she saw Deanna next to her. "Hi," she beamed.

"Morning," Deanna laughed, sliding out from underneath of the girl and sitting up.

"I have class today," Deanna said, walking over to her closet and digging through her clothes. "Which means you get to stay home with Riri until I'm back, okay?"

Carly nodded softly. She'd been getting better at realizing that Deanna does, in fact, come back home when she leaves in the mornings. That didn't mean she liked it, though.

Deanna slipped into the bathroom and changed into a comfortable outfit for class, wearing an old t-shirt because she knew they'd be painting that day. Carly waited patiently outside the door and smiled like an idiot when Deanna re-emerged.

"Someone's in a good mood," Deanna giggled. Carly just nodded.

"Yes, I kissed you," she chimed, reminding Deanna of the night before.

Deanna's cheeks grew red. "That you did," she laughed and ran a hand through her hair. "You can always do it again, y'know," she raised an eyebrow. Carly's face lit up, as if she hadn't even considered the idea.

"Okay," she nodded once. Without another word, Carly grabbed Deanna's face gently and planted kisses all over her face, finally pecking her lips once before taking a step back and smiling widely. Deanna's face was blood red by the time she was done. "Your turn," Carly smiled.

"My turn?" Deanna smirked. Carly just nodded, and Deanna pulled Carly closer to her. The smaller girl giggled excitedly, which made Deanna's stomach flutter. She placed one hand on the back of Carly's neck and closed the gap between them, slowly bringing their lips together.

This kiss lasted longer than their ones they'd shared before, if only by a few seconds. Kissing Carly was different than anyone else Deanna had ever kissed. The smaller girl was soft and gentle, and it made Deanna's heart skip a beat. They pulled apart and minutes later were interrupted by the flash of a camera.

"What the...?" Deanna whipped her head around, spotting Riri peering out of her doorway. "Oh my god," Deanna's cheeks grew red and she covered her face. Carly giggled.

"Ivy and Eya are never going to believe this," Riri smirked, walking over to them and tucking her phone into her pocket.

"RIRI! DELETE THAT!!"

Carly clapped her hands excitedly. "C'mon Deans, it's cute," Riri laughed and nudged her roommate. Deanna took her hands away from her face and scowled at the older girl, but couldn't hold back her smile.

"I hate to interfere, but you're gonna be late for class if you don't hurry your ass up," Riri pointed to the clock and Deanna cursed under her breath. All three girls ended up downstairs, and Carly wandered into the kitchen.

"So you two..." Riri smirked once she and Deanna were alone. "How'd that come about?"

Deanna shrugged, grabbing her bag from the couch. "She kissed me and it just sorta happened," she bit her lip to hide her smile when Riri clapped her hands happily. Just then, Carly padded back into the room and handed Deanna a banana.