ch.7 - SIDELINES

heather; chapter seven

──────────────'SIDELINES'──────────────

──────────────
'SIDELINES'
──────────────

"I was starting to think you weren't coming," Harry said to her approaching figure. The soft spring breeze ruffled his hair as he leaned against the broom shed, holding the broom she'd used last time. Mina smiled knowing he'd waited for her.

"Sorry," she said once she got close enough, and held up her bandaged hand; squinting in the sunlight. "Got held up in the hospital wing."

"Shit," he stepped closer, inspecting the bandage. Harry made to reach for her hand, but stopped himself; not wanting to hurt it. "Are you alright?" his gaze moved to her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," she cleared her throat, flushing under his concern. "It's just a burn."

"Madame Pomfrey couldn't fix it?"

"She did mostly," Mina lowered her hand. "But the skin is still damaged, apparently. And sore."

"Maybe we shouldn't practice tonight then if it hurts," he said and smiled a little. "We wouldn't want our star flyer be unable to hold the broom now, would we?"

"It doesn't hurt that bad," she lied, and he raised a brow; not believing her. "See?" Mina grabbed the broom in his hold, and Harry hesitated, but let go. As soon as her bandaged hand clutched the wood, however, she winced as pain shot throughout her palm, and dropped the broom.

"It doesn't hurt that bad, she says," he repeated her words lightheartedly and picked up the broom from the vivid green grass of the pitch. "I'll let you off tonight...but don't think this means you can get out of our lessons!" Harry said jokingly, and his voice became echoey as he walked inside the broom shed, putting hers away on top of a tall shelf so the first years wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Wouldn't dream of it," she said from outside the shed, and as he came out and locked the door, Harry tugged his uniform jumper over his head. Mina failed to pull her eyes away from the sliver of his toned stomach exposed as his white shirt became untucked, and laughed as his hair fluffed up even more than usual once he'd untangled himself from the fabric. Harry ran a hand through it to tame the tousled dark strands.

"Pretty warm day, eh?" he pulled on his tie, loosening it, and she nodded.

"It's beautiful," Mina looked from him to the bright, cloudless blue sky. It wouldn't be long until they'd be bogged down with Scotland's rain, so she didn't mind these warm afternoons outside with him. She quite liked it, actually.